Sunday, June 6, 2010

Utah Trip: Pirate Island

The last week of May we packed up the kids and drove the unending hours to Utah. The trip was cursed from the start! Only half hour from home Cole threw up all over himself and the carseat. We had to stop at a Walmart and buy Febreze so that our car didn't smell so bad for the rest of the trip! Then we realized that the DVD player we bought for the car didn't work properly. The boys couldn't watch movies at all, but every once in a while it would let them play the Wii (which literally saved our sanity!). But even though our luck was not so good, we finally made it to Utah after 16 hours in the car. Ugh.

Aubrey, Cole, Roman, Rix, Bryce, Hayden

Most of you know I take a super crazy amount of pictures every time we are in Utah. I think I do this because my kids don't get to see their cousins and other family members very often. So I take pictures of them together so they can look back and remember being with their other family members. So instead of making one big blog post, I'm splitting it up into sections. The first one?? Pirate Island!!

The first day we were in Utah we went down to Orem to meet up with my sister Kelli and her kids. They invited us to Pirate Island, which we had never been to before. It was so awesome! The boys got to participate in story time, where a fully costumed "pirate" read the kids stories and handed out tokens for the arcade. And the food wasn't too shabby either! Their pizza was yummy!
Our server was seriously the best Jack Sparrow impersonator. He talked exactly like him and even had his mannerisms and swagger! It was amazing. I don't think he was a huge fan of me though. I kept laughing at him. Well, not at him, but he was so funny! I wonder what he looks like without all that make-up on...

After we ate we went over to the arcade where the kids played some games and just had fun together!
Dance Aubrey Dance!
Rix had the funniest face when he was shooting the targets. He would furrow his brow and close one eye. It was classic!
Kelli and her kids are air hockey pros!
Blurry pic! Cole wanted so bad to be good too (he wasn't) but he had fun anyway.
Me with Cole, Rix, and Bryce

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the 16 hour drive. I didn't know you guys started out so rough. I am glad you didn't change your mind and turn around.

Kelli said...

Thanks for lunch! The kids had a blast with your kids, too bad we can't have playdates more often :)

Carissa Poyfair said...

I want to go to Pirate Island! It looks like fun. Love the shooting pic... and Aubrey dancing. Classic!