Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Utah Trip: Dinner in Spanish Fork and Swimming!

**To see our first Utah post, click here**

The best thing about going to Utah is getting to see family! After Pirate Island we went to check out Kelli's place (out of all the times I've been in Utah I hadn't seen Kelli's new place yet!) and meet up with my sister-in-law Ana Lee. The kids love her and she was such a good sport to help us watch all six of them while we went shopping. I swear the employees at Downeast were this close to kicking us out of the store. Seriously! The kids kept playing with the advertisement signs that hang in the front of the store and peeping under the dressing room doors. Yikes. And did I mention Bryan ditched us to go golfing? Typical...

After shopping Brent and Christina invited us to dinner in Spanish Fork. It was so fun to see the kids hanging out (and it was the least Brent could do, since it was his fault that Bryan ditched me to go golfing). And to make it even better, Kristen and Kevin and their kids joined us too! After some catching up and yummy food, us girls headed off the Seagull Book so I could find a dress for the upcoming wedding. Spanish Fork must be lucky, because after much searching I found a dress I liked. After that we headed back to Heber for a gooooood loooooong night's sleep. We were so tired that the kid's slept until almost 10am the next morning. Halle-freaking-lujah!

This is the coolest toy ever. Bryce couldn't get enough of it and, at one point, I looked out the back door to see Rix whizzing by on it and yelling "This is the coolest toy ever!!!"
All the kids eating outside. Can you see Bryce's red head twin? That is Luke, my nephew. It's so fun to have red  headed cousins on both sides of the family (my sister Carissa has a boy with red hair too!).
The men "working hard". Golf must have really taken it out of them. Life can be so brutal!
Bryce and Ethan watching a cartoon. My kids really fell in love with Roger and Janalyn's kids. They saw them every day because they live in Heber by Grandma and Grandpa.
Grandpa taking Johnny and Cole for a ride!
Johnny, Bryce, and Cole playing in the sandbox. See the creek (or crik, as you say it in Heber!) behind them? That darn creek made me a nervous wreck all week. It was full and running pretty fast, and whenever I couldn't locate one of the kids I about panicked. Stupid creek.
I've been known to say that Rix doesn't really have an imagination. Most of the time I'd be right, but here he is fighting the dandelions with his sword. Creative I say!!

On Thursday night we were all tired from cleaning and decorating for the wedding reception that was to be held at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so Grandpa exclaimed that we were all going to the Kamas pool. And we all agreed!
Thankfully these boys didn't get that you could aim these at helpless people passing by. But they sure kept those boys busy!
Last time we were at the Kamas pool Bryce almost drowned. Okay, he didn't like almost die but he was underwater for a while and threw up water for an hour or so after the episode. I thought for sure he would be scared because he still talks about the time he "went underwater". But Roger and Janalyn let us borrow some floaties for their arms, and all of a sudden my boys thought they were invincible! They wanted to swim by themselves (Bryce could doggy-paddle pretty good!) and got mad if I helped.
Grandma, Bryan, and Cindy, who was so awesome to come with us even though she wasn't feeling very well
Bryan and Cole going down the slide
The lever I'm holding turns the fountains on and off. It was fun teasing Bryce because he didn't know when they would turn on or off (I'm so sneaky!)
Rix is ready. I don't know what he is ready for. But he is ready.
Cindy getting all wet.

The Kamas pool was so fun, because we got to just hang out without any real plans or anything to stress us out. And it was fun to hang out with the family a little bit. Sometimes it's hard to be away for so long from everyone, and then to come back and try to pick up where we left off. I think it's harder for me than for them, because I'm the one who is visiting and not in my own element. One of my brother-in-law's mentioned that I had seemed angry or something, and I totally wasn't. It was just a lot to consume for me in a small amount of time. I met a new sister-in-law and her family, saw other family I hadn't seen in a while, decorated for a reception, lived out of a suitcase, and was way off my schedule after a grueling 16-hour car ride. So sorry if I came off weird! I was trying to adjust, and I think I did, right about the time we left to go back home! But it was fun seeing everyone! And stay tuned for the next post - Thomas the Train visits and we get ready for a party!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

10am? Seriously?! Lucky girl. I love that pool you went to, I'm assuming it's inside? How fun!

The Ross Family said...

That look so much fun. I wish we had somthing like that here, besides great wolf lodge, although that was killer too!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Wow, you all were BUSY! That creek would make me nervous too. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Stina said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip. And, I don't think you're the only one who has a lot to consume on the trip. All of us are trying to balance relationships. I thought the trip went really well. If only we could all live next door to each other! In Heaven--that's what it will be like. We'll all live next door to each other, even though we're trying to stay connected to a million people. Heaven will make it all possible!

Thanks for making such great efforts to spend time with Pearson's! I benefit tons from it. :) I know you sacrifice a lot of your vacation time and sanity for the long drives, but I'm grateful for it. And, I love that my kids get to know their cousins!