So Kelli did this tag and so did Destiny and I love finding out new things about my friends and family that I didn't really know before. And the reason I do this blog (well, the MAIN reason) is that I want my family and friends who live far away to get to know my family better since we don't see everyone very often (although I find it ironic that the three people who know me the best - and you know who you are - are the only ones who really read my blog anyway!). So here I go!
Here are the rules...
1. Link to the person who has tagged you (okay, I don't know how to do that!)
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag 5 people. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (I'm not doing this - if you want you can do this on your own blog!)
I love to cook but I don't cook great meals often because I only like to cook for a crowd. There is no pleasure in making Beef Wellington or Sweet Potato Souffle for my family because they don't appreciate it. I want to cook for other people! And, like Kelli, I would love to go to culinary school, even for a few weeks, to fine tune some techniques and recipes. I love cooking because it's not a perfect science - I can tweak recipes to fit what I have on hand or with ingredients my family likes. But I also really love baking. There is a sense of accomplishment when I check my bread or rolls and find that they have risen to double in size - that means I did something right! I like both cooking and baking, but for different reasons.
I am always looking for a creative outlet for me. I always am thinking of a blog I could start or a small company to open or a book to write. In fact, I have had a story plot and storyline going through my head for about a year, I just need a decent computer and some spare time to start writing. Don't ask me what the story is about - I haven't even told Bryan, but if I ever get around to writing it, I will let a select few read it :)
I love having three boys. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Most people thought I would be bummed having three boys and no girls (yet) but I LOVE having them play together and doing boy things. I am excited for them to go camping and hiking and getting dirty and stacking legos, etc. So please don't think I get jealous or upset when I find out someone is pregnant with a girl. I wouldn't give up any of my boys for a girl! And besides, Rix is dramatic enough - I don't really need a girl right now.
I love love love looking for good deals and using coupons and scouring the grocery ads. Two days ago I got shirts for the boys at Target for $1 a shirt. And these are shirts that a few weeks ago I wanted to get them, but I wasn't going to spend $7! What a deal! They are way cute. And Monday I went to Albertsons and if I hadn't used the Albertsons card with my stack of coupons, I would have spend $190 - but with my coupons and card, I only paid $85. I SAVED more than I spent. It was awesome. I love looking for deals and being able to stick to a tight grocery budget.
I love good music. Most of you will disagree, but I think Josh Groban is the best singer ever. I love to listen to his music loud and would love to see him in concert. I also love this song "In My Arms" by Plumb. It's on my music at the bottom of my post, and if you are a mom it will mean a lot to you. I love songs that relate to me! This song is really good.
I am very paranoid. I always think the worst is going to happen (can you see how plane rides go for me???). If I hear a noise outside, I never think it's a raccoon - in my mind it a mass murderer come to get me and my family. I don't like to run the clothes dryer at night in case it starts a fire and we don't hear the fire alarm. I check on my kids (still) every night to make sure that they are breathing. Before I get Cole out of bed I get on my hands and knees and scour the floor for things he could swallow. Somebody help me!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tagged (sort of) by Kelli
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
When you move to Spanish Fork (because it will be Spanish Fork!!!) you need to teach me all your tricks with grocery shopping. I get sooo bored looking at the ads. I just want someone to tell me how to find the best deal. And, I love that you're paranoid. I guess we all have our concerns. And--please feel free to cook for us whenever you have a chance!!! In fact, in November--you can cook for us. I'll let you!!
I am totally on that list to read your book, right? I know what you mean about being paranoid. Adam thinks I'm weird, but it's nice to know I'm not alone! You should teach me too how to use coupons and everything. I am so bad at grocery shopping and go over budget all the time!
Excuse me lady! I read your blog! I'm just giving you a hard time. Rix is really at school? That makes me even sadder now that I'm not at Park Lodge. Because I could see him everyday too =(! I need to go shopping with you. I love great deals! Hope all is going well. Tell Bryan and the kids hello!
You have a recipe for sweet potato souffle? Can I have it? I love to cook for just my family, they are my guinea pigs, but I know what you mean about cooking for a group, why do you think we have the missionaries over so much?! My Target needs a clearance like yours. It sucks. Nothing is ever over 30% off!!! And I always wait til my groceries are all rung up and then I give my Giant Eagle card and coupons to the cashier so I can see the price just drop, but I've never had it drop that much! Do a blog about how you did that!!!
Post a Comment