Monday, September 8, 2008

Boys' Day (with Linz!) at the Puyallup Fair

I took one for the team this year and instead of going to the fair (*sniff*) I went to Seattle to can peaches all day. It's so worth it - canned peaches are the best, but I really wanted to go to the fair! Life's not fair - ha ha! Anyway, Bryan took the three boys to the rodeo at the fair with Dave and Lindsay (thanks Aunt Jodi and Uncle Ron for the tickets!). They had a BLAST! Rix got bored with the rodeo but thought being with everyone was fun. Bryce couldn't get enough of the rodeo and I am praying daily he doesn't want to be a rodeo star. And Cole cried because he wasn't redneck enough - meaning he was a pill until they took his shirt off and after that he was an angel. Weird. After the rodeo Bryan took out a second mortgage on the house and bought tickets so the boys could ride a couple rides. Surprisingly my kids are not afraid of rides and there were no Olivia moments on the roller coaster (although I do have to admit that I'm bummed - the photos of Olivia are priceless and I wouldn't mind having some of my own!). Bryan and I are going back to the fair next week with my parents to do the "adult" fair - you know, where you walk around and actually look at the exhibits. Oh, and eat lots and lots of scones. Yum! See, didn't I take one for the team??Cole and Uncle Dave at the rodeo. Ron and my cousin Isaac are next to them eating (from what I hear) delicious nachos!!


Can you spot Rix and Bryce on the roller coaster?


I don't know why Rix is forwards and Bryce is backwards. I WASN'T THERE!!!


They love to drive things. And it helps that this car has two steering wheels.

Cole missed his afternoon nap and apparently wasn't into the whole fair thing.

This is a view of Cole from under the stroller tray. Isn't he so cute??

And this is what happens when we ask Rix and Bryce to take a picture together.

5 comments:

Stina said...

I am so impressed. Byran, Dave & Lindz took the kids to the rodeo. Then the carnival and also took pictures? I'm very very impressed. Can we borrow them?

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had fun. I am not much of a carnival person so, I am more excited for the peaches. Don't tell me if you got the peaches at pikes place. They have the best peaches and I will just be jelous if you did.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Can I just say that on most of your posts, I end up laughing to myself? Anyway, sorry you didn't have any Olivia moments. They really are priceless. And I am sosososososo jealous! I love the "adult" fair! And I don't want scones... I want onion burgers and scones. Save me a can of peaches. I want one. So give me one and I will eat it in one sitting (I'm really not joking)

Kelli said...

Jealousy is taking over right now, I forgot how much the fair is (although I'd be with Rix, rodeos are no fun!). I love Cole's sleeping picture, so cute! Eat a scone for me, or overnight it to me. Whatever.

Cee Cee's Blog said...

Your kids are so funny!! Can't wait to see you in october!! uea!!!