Friday, April 17, 2009

Excuses are like butts...

We all have them, and they all stink. Haha. Normally I wouldn't use such awesome analogies, but Bryan loves this one and uses whenever he deems appropriate, and now is definitely appropriate. So I haven't posted anything new lately. I'm a self-proclaimed blogging slacker - but I have a good excuse :) I couldn't find my camera cord forever so I couldn't download pictures. Most stories are lame without pictures. And then Bryce got the flu and threw up all night Monday night, so I came to the office only to send in payroll and then went back home. Since I only have internet access at the office, I didn't have a chance to update my blog on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were spent in the office doing payroll and getting ready for the insurance audit for Phase II (woo-hoo.). But (drumroll please) after four yeas of living in our house, we are finally getting internet. *Applause Applause* Bryan broke down and got me a laptop so I can start writing my book and we figured if we have a laptop might as well have internet, right?? Can you see our train of thought on this one? So you will definitely be seeing more of me on the blog, and for my faithful followers (all three of you!) you can know exactly what we are up to in good ol' Washington. So (hopefully) tonight or tomorrow night I will have a belated Easter post - the kids were so cute finding their stuff and their outfits were a-dor-a-ble! And maybe since we'll have the internet I'll figure out what this Twitter thing is all about!!

10 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Celeste, I have internet and still don't know what this twitter thing is all about. It confuses the crap out of me. You are writing a book? You talk about it like this is common knowledge. What is it about?

Carly said...

I just got a lap top to work more on my book as well! What are you writing? I've been working on a YA novel for about the past year and a half... I've been slacking off lately, but I was hoping I'd get more motivated if I could work on it anywhere!

Also, twitter is fun, but like blogging, I'm a slacker at that too. But it's fun to follow people! :) If you sign up let me know!

Celeste Pearson said...

I know I've mentioned writing a book before - it's a YA novel, but I haven't started it yet. It's more of a chance to get some type of creative outlet for me. But I'll let you read it if I ever finish it! And I may check out the whole Twitter thing just so I'm not so ignorant when people talk about it!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO! That is so exciting. I thought if I had the internet I would blog alot more- well that didn't work for me. Maybe you can motivate me with all of your posts. Can I get a signed copy of this book? I can read anything that you write. Good Luck with the writing. Speaking of writing, Thanks for helping Kevin with his research paper.

Stina said...

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful (and addictive) world of home internet!

Kelli said...

Ooo...I want to read your book. Get to typing! Laptop? I want a laptop! What did it take to get Bryan to get you one? He needs to share that info with Jage. And I don't know what twitter is, except I think it's similar to Facebook, right?

Ana Lee said...

How did Twitter get brought into this? haha. Twitter is a good thing to use for internet marketing. A lot of stars and big (or small) business people are using it to attract internet traffic to them and their projects. For normal people it is basically a site of just facebook type status updates. People can "follow" you and see what you are up to. I think because Twitter is more raw (only short text updates) you see a lot more of people's personality, or lack thereof. So there you go! Twitter 101. I'm on it, if you wondered.

You better have been thinking of me when you mentioned your 3 faithful readers ;) haha.

I'm excited for you! I would die without internet! Ok not really, but I would be lost.

Celeste Pearson said...

Thanks for the 101 on Twitter. I didn't know what it was but it was all over the news and everyone seemed to know what it was but me! I need to learn more about what's in and what's not.

jason and john pearson family said...

I believe the correct term is buttholes, but i might be wrong.

Celeste Pearson said...

Well John, Bryan is the self-proclaimed expert on this phrase, and I believe I have it correct, although technically, both versions would work the same way :)