Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some of My Favorite Things!

My life is crazy. Seriously. But there are things that I love that make my day-to-day tasks more manageable. And some save my sanity!

Bounce Dryer Bar-

To be honest, when I first heard about the dryer bar, I laughed. I thought it was for lazy people, or people who were too stupid to use actual sheets. But I had a coupon for it, and it made it cheaper than buying the actual dryer sheets, so I bought the item I had previously made fun of. And now I am a believer! I don't have dryer sheets littering my laundry room floor. I don't have to remember to put one in each load. I simply throw my wet clothes in the dryer, and the bar does the rest. And, to make it even better, my clothes smell amazing! The smell is more powerful than when I used dryer sheets alone. I love it!

Grandma Sycamore's Bread
I know there are some weirdos out there that don't understand the wonderfulness of this bread, but in the end it just means MORE FOR ME! For years I had to beg people to bring back loaves of this bread from Utah because they didn't sell it here in Washington. My mom even flew home once with a carry-on bag full of just bread! But someone somewhere loves me, and they now sell it in the Lakewood Albertsons! It makes the best toast, the best PB&J, and the best grilled cheese. Yum! When the days are tough, I reach for a Grandma Sycamore's sandwich!

Fablehaven Books
In a world obsesses with Twilight, Fablehaven far surpasses the storyline and imagination. The characters and likeable and the plots are interesting and fun. And, it's clean. I'd let me 3-year old read this (if he could read!). Twilight on the other hand has femme-vampires and whiny heroines, and the last book was uncomfortable to read - and I'm a married woman! If you haven't read Fablehaven, you should totally check it out! It's a great escape...from your kids :)

(a tie) Burn Notice and Glee
The nice thing about Burn Notice, is that not only do I love it, but so does Bryan. We both snuggle up with a snack and watch it together. It is the best show ever!
However, as much as I love Glee, Bryan does not (too much singing for his liking) but it works out. It's my show, so I snuggle in (by myself) with a snack and laugh my way through the show. And the soundtrack is my favorite listening music!

Lady Antebellum

By far my favorite singing group! I listen to their music while cooking, cleaning, driving, and doing anything else I don't want to do. They make it better! If you don't know who they are (you are obviously living under a rock) then you should look them up!

Willow Tree Figurines
For those who live in Utah, these figurines are everywhere you look. But even though they are popular, I love them! I collect the pieces that mean something to me, and I love to look at them throughout the day. They are calming and touching.

And it wouldn't be a post about my favorite things unless I posted about....

Diet Mountain Dew
If I'm having a bad day, it's like a wonderful "happy" drink for me. I know, there are those of you who will judge me for drinking my caffienated beverage, but it won't change me. I love this stuff! And if I can't find a Diet Dew, a Diet Coke makes me just as happy!

There are lots of wonderful things that will replace these favorite things in the future (except maybe the Diet Dew) and I'll keep you posted on the awesome things I find!

6 comments:

Ana Lee said...

I just learned a little more about you. How fun :)

Carissa Poyfair said...

We have a lot in common, sister. I mean A LOT! I totally need to try that dryer bar! LOVE Grandma Sycamore's, especially for grilled cheese, and LOVE Lady A, Glee, Burn Notice, FABLEHAVEN (which totally is better than Twilight!)and Diet Coke (Diet Dew is really good too though!)

Mike & Bekah +4 said...

Did you know Mike's cousin Brandon Dorman designed all the covers and art work inside all the Fable Haven books?...I got a signed copy! He does some super cool stuff! I LOVE The series too!!!

Kelli said...

Unlike Carissa, we don't have a lot in common...but I do want to try those bounce bars and start watching Glee. I've only read the first Fablehaven but I loved it and I am waiting for my turn for the second one at the library. And EW on Diet Dew (Dad will probably disown me for that) but I do love me some caffeine during the day :)

Stina said...

So you need to convert to Sara Lee's Soft & Smooth 100% wheat bread. It's amazing and doesn't have the insane density most whole wheat breads have. And, love Burn Notice. I want to watch Glee. And, I use the bounce bars too. Although, I'm okay with buying whatever is cheaper (since I used a coupon last time too).

Andrea M said...

Ok....so, I am NOT related to any of you ...but here are a few of my fav's. Original scented Tide...and April Fresh Downy. I don't like any other brand. That being said, those are the only things that I am totally brand loyal on. Every other thing I could care less. I would be willing to try the Bounce ball, thingie, but I rarely use my dryer. I hang my clothes on a rack about 95% of the time. As far as soft drinks go...my ALL time favorite is Pepsi. I LOVE me some Pepsi. It even makes me love Applebee's even more because of their Pepsi. In fact, all three of my kids's first words were not Momma or Dadda....it was Pepsi.