I like to think I'm doing a good job teaching my kids about the gospel, Jesus Christ, and scripture stories. I say things like "Would Heavenly Father be happy with how you hit your brother?" and I find the Stripling Warriors story for Rix in the Book of Mormon because it's his favorite story. I remind them they can pray when they are scared, and sometimes, but not very often because it's really obnoxious, I let them listen to Primary songs in the car.
But apparently I have failed somewhere along the way.
Last night I was reading "Book of Mormon Stories for Young Latter-Day Saints" to Rix. It's basically the scriptures in story form, and it starts out with Bible stories. We were reading about Noah, the tower of Babel, and the brother of Jared. To check his understanding, I asked Rix "Do you know about Noah and the Ark?"
"Yes!" he said, "He's the guy who put all the animals and his family in the boat so they wouldn't drown in the flood!
Okay, he's heard this story, but I didn't know if I had taught him, or if he learned about it at church. "You're right! Did you learn that at Primary?"
Then, all serious and innocent, he said "No, I learned it from Fraggle Rock."
I have failed. Fraggle Rock is now teaching my kids. :)
Friday, April 9, 2010
No Thanks to Me!
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 8:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
hahaha :)
Love it! What Fraggle Rock did he watch? I didn't even know it was still on!
Fraggle Rock takes me back to my early childhood days...I didn't even remember them until you mentioned their name! How old school of you!
HHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAH - that is super funny for our family because Rog also loves the fraggle rock show. We even bought the first season on DVDs. I had never heard of it before then but Johnny likes to watch them occasionally.Most of the time when I sleep in on Saturday and they are watching a show together it will be fraggle rock. Its kind of a crazy show but we do love it. Who knew that you could use it to teach your children the gospel. LUCKY...
If you were as cool as fraggle rock maybe they'd listen to you too!!
Post a Comment