For the record, I take absolutely NO responsibility for this one! (Although I did feel really bad for not being there when he got hurt!) While I was gone for literally like 45 minutes, I come home to this!!! The story is this: Bryan was busy taking the last of the stucco off our house (hooray!) and he let the boys go in the backyard to play. I guess Rix was practicing his golf swing but didn't check to make sure there was no one around and totally clobbered Cole. Bryan could hear him cry all the way from the front yard! Rix felt terrible and made sure we knew it was an accident. Which is comforting, because if he had done this on purpose I'd question his motives...
It is so bad looking! And I know tomorrow it is going to look even worse. I wonder what other people will think? I'm considering putting him in his shirt tomorrow that says "It's my brother's fault" and just pointing at it when people judge me with their eyes.


6 comments:
Rix must have a very powerfull swing. I love the shirt idea, I need to get one of those. He looks like he is proud of his battle wounds.
Bryan texted the picture to Brent last night. So sad! We have issues with golf clubs in our house too. Luckily, Kade has plastic ones, otherwise all my kids would look like this!
Jayson had a run in with the business end of a bat when he was 4. There was a little gal from my old ward who was hitting some baseballs. Anyway she looked to make sure the coast was clear, then took forever to swing, then apparently Jayson decided to investigate and see what was taking her so long to swing. Can you see what will happen next? Anyway, Jayson got smacked with a baseball bat. It knocked him out for about a minute and he was laid out on the ground. He immediately had a huge goose egg on his left orbital bone. We took him to Mary Bridge ER and they did a CT scan. The bat ended up breaking the top of his orbital bone right near his eyebrow. It was a jagged break but it never broke off. He didn't even need stitches, thank goodness, but it truly looked like he was run over by a Mack truck for about 6 weeks. It took a long time for the swelling to subside, then he was bruised for EVER. I was embarrassed to take him anywhere. In the hospital, numerous CPS folks came and interviewed us all separately. Thanks goodness Jayson could talk otherwise I am sure that I would be in jail for child abuse. Each time they would ask him the same question, he would get really irritated and say, "I just told you what happened. Why can't you remember?" It was horrible. I guess boys will be boys, right.
So sad! And yeah, he kinda looks like Sloth, but a much cuter Sloth! I feel bad for Rix too, he must have felt so bad! Jack has had his share of huge bumps, black eyes and bruises so I know how you feel about all the judging.
Sweet! They make shirts like that? Get one for me, my kids are brutal to each other! That's a huge bump, poor kid! At Target they have these Lightning McQueen ice packs for like $2, I got one and the kids love to use it when they are hurt.
COLE LOVE CHUNK!!
Post a Comment