Friday, September 3, 2010

Week of Fun: Days 1-3

Okay. Here is reason #458 on why I am, by far, the coolest mom ever. I do the week of fun (or week o' fun, depending on my mood). I did this last year, but last year I was not as cool. I wasn't nearly as organized, and I wasn't goal-oriented. But since I have learned to learn from my mistakes and shortcomings, this this year are much better.

Oh, what is the week of fun?

Seven days before school starts, I do something fun with the kids, as sort of a last hurrah before they go back to school. My sister Kelli did two weeks of fun (check out her blog) but she must be supermom (not cool, just super) because I've been doing WOF for three days, and I'm quickly fading into exhaustion. But no need to fear, the show must go on!

School starts Wednesday, September 8, so this last Wednesday I took the boys to McDonalds for lunch with Carissa and her crazy trio. I'd be crazy to not start out the week at McDonalds. Not only do my kids love the chicken nuggets (and I the unlimited Diet Coke!) but they get to play and play until they drop, or until I say it's time to go home. We also went to get Rix's mop cut, and he insisted on going to Hairmasters, saying Dad doesn't do a good job. Which is funny, because the lady who cut his hair did the exact cut Bryan would've done (she didn't cut his hair the way I asked her to!!). Then we went to Target and the boys picked out a shirt to wear on the first day of school. My kids don't really need a ton of clothes, so I didn't do the usual back to school clothes shopping, but I wanted them to have one new shirt to wear.

I don't know what Bryce is doing, but I do know that net is full of nasty germs. Ew!
Bryce helping Madelynn up the playplace.
Before - his hair is soooo thick and curly! It's actually way cute when it's just a tad shorter, but at this length it just goes crazy.
Shorter than I asked the lady to cut it, but it grows fast thankfully!
With their shirts. Of course Rix picked a Mario shirt, and since they didn't have one in Bryce's size, he chose an orange and blue plaid (which Bryan is envious of, too bad he doesn't fit 4T) and Cole, who I couldn't leave out, picked dinosaurs.

On Thursday we had Jack and Madelynn and Olivia over to have lunch and play in the sprinklers. We also went to Dave and Lindsay's house to play in the park accessible through their backyard. We rode bikes and golfed. And played.
Have I ever told you I love my backyard??
They love the sprinkler under the trampoline.
Rix has golf down to a tee (get it?? Hahahaha). But seriously, he's pretty good! And he loves it.
Cole has the pedaling down, but can't figure out that his handlebars control his steering. Needless to say, we were in the grass a lot.
Bryce preferred to run by Rix instead of ride his bike. Silly kid!

Today (Friday) was a gorgeous day, and the last gorgeous day for the next week or so. Since Bryan had the day off, he built our front porch (to match our back deck) and then came with us to the spray park! I'll take pictures of the front porch when it's done. We're waiting on our railing order.
There are sprinklers coming out of the side.
Besides have a spray park, it has some cool toys they like to play with. This one is a pirate ship.
They all thought this spinning chair was fun, until they were so dizzy they biffed when they stood up. Bryan and I thought that part was fun :)
My kids take turns loving the spray park. Last time it was Bryce, this time Rix loved it.
Giving dad high-fives.
I think his face sums up what we think about the spray park!


Plans for the rest of the week:
Saturday: Driving range with daddy
Sunday: Feed the ducks at the park/bike riding
Monday: Odyssey One
Tuesday: Meet and Greet at school/Out to dinner

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Way fun! I'm pretty cool too, but not as cool as you because I am way not organized! Can we come feed the ducks with you on Sunday? I hadn't really planned anything that day and it sounds like lots of fun although it is supposed to rain.

Anonymous said...

I agree you are the coolest mom.

Kelli said...

Your WOF sounds so much more organized than mine. Maybe having a husband around/sister around helps? Next year we're totally just doing one year, not two. And Hayden has the same Mario shirt as Rix!

Anonymous said...

love the hair cut! Looks like one of my boys! I'm also excited to see the rails on the fort--looks great. You're pretty over the top, but I'm so glad you're having fun. Love and miss you all

Petersens said...

Gotta say you are really cool! lol. And what a great idea! you are such a great mom!