It's been almost two weeks since I posted! What a slacker! But I have good reasons, which I will explain. Hopefully all is forgiven afterwards!
First off, my poor little family cannot seem to stay healthy! Maybe we aren't disinfecting enough or my kids play with other sick kids (keep your sick kids home!) or maybe it's just our turn. But Bryce and Cole had fevers and sick tummies for almost a week. We couldn't take them out in public, so I had to keep them entertained at home. Of course Rix didn't get sick. Somehow his immune system totally rocks!
Then, just as Cole gets better, I get sick! What are the odds?? I seriously thought my throat was on fire. I told Bryan it felt like I swallowed a hot piece of coal, and eating or drinking anything felt like I was swallowing nails. It wasn't strep, which in a way bummed me out. At least with strep they give you antibiotics to make it go away! The doctor told me it was a strain of the cold, concentrated in my throat, and to take lots of ibuprofen and fluids (hello! I can't swallow?). Even though I was bummed, tonight I am feeling better and eating is super painful. I have been craving a cheeseburger for days, and I have decided that as soon as my throat is better, I am going out for a cheeseburger!!!
Also, my mom went through total hip replacement surgery last week. Her hip has been really painful for her, and walking was a painful struggle. She wasn't really nervous before the surgery because she was hurting so bad that she just wanted it to stop. I compare it to labor. I know the epidural is going to hurt and be uncomfortable, but the contractions are so painful that I just want that dang epidural NOW! Anyway, back to my mom. Her surgery went well, although there were some complications with her heart going a little wacko mid-surgery, and afterwards she was super nauseated and her blood pressure keeps dipping dangerously low. But she is now back at home and trying to recover. AND I've been sick and around sickies for the past couple weeks, so I can't go visit because she can't get sick. (Picture me pouting).
Bryan and I went with Dave and Lindsay to see Avatar last weekend. It was so good! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! The 3-D was really cool. It wasn't what I was used to with 3-D. You know, back in the 80s and 90s if you saw something in 3-D it usually included things jumping in your face and things like that. This time it was more subtle, and the 3-D made the movie seem more real, like I was really there. I found out at the end that I was so engrossed in the film that I didn't even realize it was super long! It was totally worth the money.
This week I hope to make up for the things I've put off the past couple of weeks. I need to really clean my house, get my groceries stocked back up, and spend some good time with my kids. And, if we can all feel 100%, we are going to see my mom!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
What's up in Lakewood?
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh my goodness....many things happened when we were gone on our cruise. I am sorry to hear that everyone was/is sick. Do you need dinner brought over? I never knew your Mom needed surgery either. Sorry to hear about that. I can't wait to go to Church to get caught up on all the rest of the ward.
I am sorry you guys are all sick. I think there should be a rule that kids, and moms can't get sick. I hope you have a better week!
I'm surprised none of my kids got sick when we watched your kids on Saturday. I was totally prepared for that! I'm glad your boys are better at least.
Hey, we are headed to McDonald's tomorrow for lunch if you want to come claim your cheeseburger if you are feeling better!
Feel better!
I love your new blog colors! I hope you feel better soon, it's hard being a sick mom huh?
Give mom a big hug for me!!!
Post a Comment