Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Moi

Okay so I thought I would be a little selfish and post about me and only me!!! In the year before I turn 30 and join the old fogies like Jage, Dave, and mostly the geezer Brent, I thought it would be fun to just let you know about me!! And since my camera went MIA for a few days (meaning I panicked for a few days) I have no pictures of my birthday, although my mom got some for the pictures books. So my list will have to do! For my birthday I didn't do anything crazy. The day was pretty much like any other day! I still got the kids ready, made lunch, and cleaned the house because my family was coming over that night for cake and ice cream. I got some cool gifts though. My parents got me a cool statue with three girls (like me and my sisters) and Bryan got me a gift certificate to take a cooking class at a local cooking store. We got my dad a cooking class gift certificate for Christmas, so I get to take a class with him! Lindsay got me a yummy cheese ball with crackers (for those who don't know, I have a thing for cheese balls) and my Aunt Jodi got me a gift certificate for a pedicure, perfect for next month's trip to Canada! Stina sent me some yummy chocolates and Bryan also got me some flowers and a dozen (no, not roses) Diet Mountain Dews. Awesome!

5 things I Love:

Eating without thinking of calories. This helps a lot when eating onion rings and yummy birthday cake.

Getting to sleep in without having to ask Bryan. If I have to wake up to beg him to let me sleep in, then it takes me forever to fall back asleep.

My shows! Any CSI, SVU, Biggest Loser, Lost, and, when I want to laugh, The Office and Friends. I love to watch my shows with some munchies and a Diet Dew (judge me all you want - I don't care and it won't change anything)

When my kids laugh - like belly laugh. It is such a great sound and it makes me feel like I have done something right.

7pm - I know it's a time, but it's one of my favorite things because it means bedtime for the kids! This is when I get most of the things done for the day and I can regain my sanity!

Some Honorable Mentions - Cheesecake Factory, the public library, talking to friends and family, and dates with Bryan (which are rare!)

5 Things I Dislike:

When my kids cry - AAAH! Especially when they need a nap, then they are inconsolable and irrational.

Slow or not-so-smart drivers. If we all drove like me the world would be a better place.

When no one comments on my blog - hello! Most of you who read this don't see us often - it's a great way to communicate with us and lets me know you care enough about us to read the blog. Is this too much to ask!

Having family far away - it really is hard on us!!

Being hungry (sorry, that's my inner fat-child coming out of me). I want me some lunch right now!!!

7 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Happy birthday to you! I didn't get any presents except from mom and dad, so I'm glad you got some. I would love a dozen.... DPs! Diet Dew is yellow death, by the way. Tell Aunt Jodi to send a pedi my way. I just had a baby for crying out loud! And I'm jealous you get to take a class with dad. That would be so fun!

Mike & Bekah said...

You are so funny! I love your honesty...no judging comming from me. There's no room in my life for all that nonsense, useless, time wasting judgment junk. Especially since we all self medicate diffrently!!!!

Stina said...

You have an inner fat child inside your skinny self? I'm impressed. Where's she hiding? And, what happened to diet Coke? It's Diet Dew now? I'm so confused. Glad the chocolates got there on time. I meant to call you back yesterday, but Jordyn had her dance thing and today has been crazy!!! I'll call you soon. Love you! And, I'm glad you had a GREAT birthday!

Cee Cee's Blog said...

HAHA I love you Celeste! I hope your birthday was great. But you didn't mention the beautiful song that I sang to you on your birthday!! Did you not realize that i practiced weeks for that haha just kidding!

Ana Lee said...

I'm glad I always post comments on your blog :) haha. I'm glad you had a great birthday! Love ya!

Kelli said...

Well now I have to comment, you totally guilted me into it. My day was pretty normal too, how sad that it happens that way as you get older! But at least you had a party with some people over that don't normally live there. And a pedi! I don't think I've had one since Hayden was born. Let me know how the cooking class goes, you'll have to teach me some new things.

The Ross Family said...

Happy Birthday girl. I missed it on monday i did not see you on Sunday because it was kind of crazy for both of us. We got stuck with the kids:-) But i am glad that you enjoyed it. And so you know, you do not look 29! You age beautifully!