No, it's not Bryce. Well, okay, it is. Whenever I take a shower Bryce comes with me. He LOVES showers. But this time, it's not Bryce. It is a nasty, creepy creation that is meant to only freak me out with his gross eight legs and hairy back. So to give you a little background on the story, Bryan is setting a larger piece of granite on our tile seat in our new shower because, according to him, he couldn't sit comfortably on the tile seat because it wasn't big enough for him bum. So anyway, he set the new granite piece, but it has to dry and then be grouted and sealed and then dry again before we can use our shower. So we have been forced to shower in (gasp!) a regular bathtub/shower. Anyway, Monday morning I get ready to get in the shower. I open the curtain to turn on the water - and there he was. Staring at me with his buggy eyes - waiting for me to step into the tub so he can suck out all my blood (I know, a little dramatic). I scream and then call Bryan to ask if I turn the water on if the spider will disappear down the drain. He says it will go down the drain, but he couldn't guarantee it would stay down. What!?! No guarantee?? That plan is off the table. Rix runs to the kitchen and grabs me a cup so I can put it over the spider (can you tell what I usually do with spiders and bugs?) but that won't work because it will get knocked over with Bryce and I sharing the shower. Besides, the tub is a little rounded and the spider will inevitably escape. I decided to take a breather and called Carissa to chit chat (it was 10 am her time!). After a mini-conversation and a good luck cheer from Carissa, I went back to the bathroom to conquer the yucky spider. I opened the curtain and . . . he was gone. I immediately called Bryan, who was in a company meeting (this was an emergency!), to ask if it was possible for a spider to crawl up a bathtub. He said probably. (Another gasp). I started looking around, but saw no big black ugly thing. I began moving the boy's bath toys out of the tub, and the water that spilled out must have irritated the spider, because he was hiding under the drain but decided that the water was a threat to his life (apparently he didn't think I was a threat) and he climbed back out. It was seriously a scene from a horror flick! His creepy long legs wrapped around the drain and, one by one, his legs came out, followed by his fat body. He slowly worked his way back into the tub, where I was waiting with a football-sized was of toilet paper. I was stalling because I didn't want to touch it. Rix and Bryce are watching this whole thing. Bryce thinks it's funny and Rix is so nervous that his fingers are rubbing together and he is rocking back and forth. Right before I go in for the kill, Rix goes "Mom! Wait! Let me give you a hug!" He must have thought the spider was going to win and this was our last good-bye (what! no good-bye kiss???). He runs back to his safety zone, and I lunge at the spider with my wad of toilet paper. I toss it in the toilet without even making sure it was dead and I flushed it. Winner by TKO!!! It was dreadful. And our shower still isn't done (ahem, Bryan!) so every morning we go take a shower Bryce checks for spiders (needless to say, so do I!).
Do you see his tentacles!!! Or are they fangs?!?!? He was seriously big enough that his nasty legs could have wrapped around a quarter *cringe*. No joke!!


7 comments:
This is an amazing narrative to a completely terrifying story! I feel your pain! Remember the Pearson reunion and I had to awake early to run my 1/2 marathon? And, on my way up I saw a black widow! I had to attempt to defeat it while not disturbing the rest of the sleeping Pearson's. Oh those nasty ugly things!
Oh! And remind me! Next time you're over...let's watch Arachnophobia! Sound good?
That is one of the ugliest spiders I have ever seen! Ew! That's so funny that Rix gave you a hug- I think it was more for support than a goodbye. Honestly, I just wouldn't have showered that day! And stayed out of the house. You are so brave! Every once in a while a centipede-type bug ends up in our tub but I just wash it down the drain. I don't think it's teeny legs can hold on for dear life like a spider's can even if he has 100 of them. Awesome story!
I thought the story was great until I saw the picture. Ew that was disgusting. IO am so proud od you. I am nervouse to take a shower. Way to go. I am glad you had a good support group.
I would have never showered in my shower ever again!! I would have to go down to John's and Jason's or even mom's!! That is so scary. I laughed so hard though when Rixter gave you a hug!! haha that was way funny!!
Yup, totally disgusting. I would rather have a million of my gross cane spiders living with me than that nasty creepy black devil pet. Way to be brave!
you know, i would have been just fine without a picture!!! i heard about this post, glad to finally hear about what happened. you are so brave! i'm not sure i could kill a spider bigger than my thumbnail =) and tell bryan to get a smaller bum, then none of this would have happened!
I have a personal request for you! Will you please write a book and give it to us next time you have us for Christmas (you have about 7 years). I just have so much fun reading your posts so I figure if you write me a book then I can read a chapter a day to have a good little chuckle. I WOULD LOVE THAT!!
Post a Comment