I know I know. Pioneer Day was weeks ago! But it was so much fun and we had such a good time that I have to post about it.
Our Stake always goes down to the Church Recreational Property in Nisqually, about 15 minutes south of Lakewood. There are softball tournaments (which would be more fun if we had good refs!) and movies and food (always important!). You can camp Friday through Sunday, and Saturday is a family day, and the Stake rents bouncy houses and supplies sno cones and dinner.
At one point we lost Cole. He was at the bouncy houses with me, and then I realized I hadn't seen him in a while. We had people looking everywhere - the rec property is huge and there is a river on the property. We had one person on a four wheeler who rode to the river to check for Cole, and tons of people walking the trails and campsites. After about half an hour, I was understandably panicking and crying and thinking the worst. I was walking a trail with this young guy I didn't even know, and he kept trying to reassure me (I wish now I knew who he was) and then we heard somebody yell that they had found them. I ran to the kitchen area and there he was. All safe and sound. The person who found him said he returned by himself to the bouncy houses. I don't know where he had gone, even though we tried to ask him. How could he be so elusive to so many people who were looking for him? But I was glad he was safe, and the joke for the rest of the day was "Where's Cole?" Thanks to everyone who helped!
Sunday we have sacrament meeting in the "grove", a clearing at the property with wood benches and a stage. It feels very pioneerish (even though we were sitting on camp chairs). The boys had a hard time understanding that we were at church because we were outside. The kept talking loud and playing, and I could not convince them that, even though we were outside, we were still at church. We look forward to next year's celebrations, and maybe (maybe, but no promises) we will camp out next year too!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Pioneer Day at Nisqually
Sno Cones!
Bryce
Cole and Madelynn with Papa
Sasha helping Cole eat. She was so awesome to sit with us and help us with all our kids! We love her!
Rix "playing" volleyball. They got so dirty.
The rec property had these awesome swings that were attached to cables in the trees. They were made out of water barrels. Here Rix is in one. They loooooved these swings.
Here are two of the three swings. The white one swings back and forth, and the blue one can go in full circles. Carissa and I both went on the blue one, and she spun me so fast I thought I was going to be sick (don't worry, I would have aimed for her - she deserved it)
Livvy and Cole inside, Rix on top
Livvy and Madelynn
Look at that smile! Can I get one of these in my backyard?
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I am so glad you found him safe and sound! He is way too cute to lose, just look at that big smile!
I am very impressed. You guys celebrated better than we did. I think I may have to come spend the 24th in Washington next year.
Whatever, you totally spinned me in that stupid swing too :) Maybe next year we'll camp with you... only so you can stay up all night too when my kids refuse to go to sleep.
man, that looks soo fun!!
I'm usually opposed to kids on leashs but have you considered one for Cole? Maybe next year we'll plan our vacation around July 24th!
I am COUNTING on your family camping with us. Come on!!! We have a ton of fun too. Thanks for posting that picture of Sasha. We adore her too!
Looks like tons of fun!!
Post a Comment