Friday, July 3, 2009

What's up with this weather??

I think Tacoma got all ghetto and stole Utah's weather. We are having like 80 and 90 degree weather here!! It's crazy! But we are keeping cool. See the post below (we went to Wild Waves!) but we also discovered a spray park just a short ride from our house and we bought a super cool but cheap pool for our deck. The spray park is really fun for the kids. There is a new and fun park next to it with cool toys and stuff, but the spray park is what rocks. There are sprinkler-type sprayers and buckets that drop water. There are water holes that spit out water randomly and shower-like contraptions. And the best part?? It's all F-R-E-E! Parking is free. The spray park is free. Even the sunburn comes free of charge!! All of it. Awesome, right? We are making this at least a weekly event. I wasn't quite sure what it all entailed, so I didn't bring towels or bathing suits, but I did happen to have sunblock in my purse (my magical purse, right Stina??). We brought a picnic lunch and just stayed for a couple of hours. How did I not know about this place before? And of course we have our own pool (blow-up and small!!) in our backyard. This rocks because I can just strip them to their scivies or suits and let them splash around while I get dinner ready. Thanks Utah for the sun!

Cole at the spray park. With a slice of now-soggy pizza.
Rix is punching the water. Thanks Spiderman for teaching him that.
Rix in the water. He had so much fun once he got past the fact that he wasn't wearing his swim suit!
Bryce and Cole and pizza. Isn't this a cool place or what?
Even Bryan enjoyed the pool after a hot work day!
Cole's mean brothers kept pouring cups of water down his swim diaper until it just started to fall off. Poor picked on Cole!
Cole LOVES to splash. Splash around, splash up, and especially splash at you.
Bryce is obviously excited.
My beach bums!

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

We totally need to blow up our pool! We have no shade in the back though so I refuse to be back there with this crazy weather! I love the spray park. When you go again let me know!

ramirezinthesun said...

Yay I love sunny weather!! I think Germany stole washington weather cause it has been rainy here :(

Kelli said...

I totally love that Splash Park, I think my kids would stay there all day! How fun of Lakewood to have one. Totally take us there next time we visit!

Stina said...

Rad pool and definitely rad spray park! When we come out...we are so going there!!! When are you free???

I love that Washington got extra-ghetto (cause we all know it already was)! And, I love that you have a magical purse too! You are definitely a supermom. What else do you have in there?

Also, did you sanitize the pool after Bryan got his sweaty work body out? Just wondering!

Mike & Bekah +4 said...

You name a time and you're welcome to come swim here! We are always looking for a new swimming bunch. Carissa and family too. We've been hiding out in the back yard avoiding real people...Also where is the spray park? My kids would love that. I only knew about the one in Olympia.