Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Own Comedy Club...

I think my kids are hilarious. They say some of the funniest things and I try to remember them so I can write them down. Mostly I am writing them so I can tease them when they are older (or embarass them in front of their little girlfriends) but I hope you enjoy them too!

* Rix learned the word "meteorologist" in preschool (I know, crazy!). The other day it was sunny outside but sort of raining, and Rix asked what the meteorologist was doing. I asked him to explain what he meant, and he said the meteorologist was making weird weather. He then explained that meteorologist controlled the weather from a cloud. I can just see in his head what he thinks this all looks like. I explained to him that our meteorologist probably lived in Seattle, and he got all wide-eyed and said "I want to go to Seattle" with the same awe that he would probably reserve for places like the North Pole and Disneyland.

* We live close to Mt. Rainier and can see it from our house. Rix and Bryce see it all the time and it still has snow on it (I think it always has snow on it?). Anyway, everytime they see it they yell "The snowy mountains! There's Utah!" and Rix doesn't believe me that Utah is far away because, well, he can see it from his yard.

* Bryce is potty trained but doesn't go by himself. I don't trust him and it's so much easier to help him then let him do it himself and have to possibly clean and sanitize the bathroom. So the other day he went #2 and it was a bunch of little pellets and I said "Bryce are you a deer?" and he looked up and me all confused and said "Do deers poop?" (Sorry if that's too much info!)

* Bryce has expressed a desire to have his next birthday party at Lowes.

* Rix and Bryce always run to see the ambulances that go by our house. Since we live by the Veterans Hospital we have at least one a day, usually more. And then it is inevitable that they will fight over who saw more of the ambulance. The other day Bryce came to me upset and said "Rix saw mored of the ambulance! He saw mored!" as in more - past tense. I guess if you add -ed to the end of a word, it works, right?

* Bryce came running in my room Sunday morning yelling "Mom - do you hear the funder?". I love it - I think it's hilarious!

* Bryce was putting his flips on the other morning and he couldn't get the strap between his toes just right, so he got a little huffy and said "Mom, my flip is being obnoxious." Wonder where he learned that word from?

* Rix was singing the second (?) verse to "I am a child of God" and said "I am a child of God, and so my knees are great". (FYI - it's needs, not knees).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed a good laugh this morning, Thanks!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I think Rix's knees are great too. What funny kids. My kids aren't funny. Or if they are, I just don't remember it well enough to write it down. Maybe I should.

Stina said...

Good memory! I have to write things down right as they happen or I forget. I love the funny things kids fight about. And, I wonder if seeing mored is an older child thing. Jordyn tells Austin what he can and can't pretend to be, and it really upsets him.

The Ross Family said...

i love it. The joy the little ones bring to our lives!

Kelli said...

You've convinced me to write down the things my kids say...just so I can embarrass them one day. I love how funny kids are and how they see things (meteorologist), I also love they never believe what we say, but if their preschool teacher or Dora says it, then it must be true.