Friday, June 19, 2009

My Little Baby is All Growed Up!

Rix "graduated" from preschool on Tuesday at Park Lodge Elementary. It was so cute, although I don't think Rix or any of the other kids understood what was going on. I don't think any of them understood that preschool was over and they weren't coming back! We have loved having Rix go to Park Lodge this year because:

1. Our good friend Pam was his morning bus driver. She would pick him up at the office and whisk him away! She even let him play her Gameboy on the bus so he wasn't so bored!

2. Nana is the secretary at his school, so he got to see her every day! She also picked up his lunch for him in the cafeteria every day before his class started. Talk about first class service!

3. Mrs. Brown and Miss Emily! They were AWESOME teachers who took the time to really get to know Rix for who he is and loved him for who he is. They taught him so many cool things, and he came home telling me things that I didn't even know. They even gave him a Transformer for his birthday, which they celebrated a month early since his birthday is in summer. How thoughtful!

4. The school is so close to the office, so if anything happened I could be there in seconds. It is also close to Safeway, Target and Old Navy!

5. The PTA activities were loads of fun. We went to every Family Fun night, and the boys always had a blast eating hot dogs and jumping on the big blow-up jumping toys. The PTA always made sure things were affordable and fun.
We are excited to go back to Park Lodge next year for kindergarten. We waivered in because we aren't in the school boundaries, which means no bus for Rix to take next year. But it will be worth it for him to go to school there and be with the friends he made this year again. Also, Olivia is going to be in his class next year, so Carissa and I are totally carpooling (that makes me sound like such a MOM!).

Getting his "diploma"

Bryce and Olivia watching the graduation - and the snacks.

Bryan was able to get off work long enough to watch Rix's graduation.

Rix and Nana - do you all love that everyone got their picture taken with Rix except me?

Bryce being silly.

Rix with Miss Emily (left) and Mrs. Brown (right).

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How cute! I love the paper hats and sashes, although he kind of looks like a chef :) I think its awesome that the school went through the whole "graduation" thing for them. It makes me sad that Olivia had to miss the last month of her own preschool!

Ana Lee said...

How awesome! What a fun experience. That will be so cool for Rix and Olivia to be in school together too. Don't you hate it when you forget to take pictures!? Just crop yourself in next to Rix hehe.

Kelli said...

How cute! I'll bet Bryce is looking forward to the day he can go! How fun that he and Olivia are in the same class, hopefully they'll be best friends. He had a pretty fun preschool!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Congrats Rix! What an acomplishment, we are so proud of you :)We can't wait to see you.

Petersens said...

How exciting! Yay Rix! Wow all these little ones grow up soooo fast! I still can't beleive I'm going to be a mom soon!