Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Not-Very-Thanksgiving

*Note - the following post is me complaining and possible boring to read - get ready for the yawn report.

Bryan and I didn't have Thanksgiving this year, and although we are thankful for so many things (too much to count and definitely too much to list) we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. Bryan had shoulder surgery on Tuesday morning, and since then I have played mom to three and nurse to Bryan without a break! It has been really hard, and very boring, but he is feeling better and is able to do more for himself. The doctor said his injury wasn't as bad as they first thought, so his recovery will be a lot faster, but he has been in a lot of pain and the serious drugs he is on make things a little crazier - he gets light-headed, feels like he is on crack (like hyper I guess?), gets super-sleepy, and feels like his skin is crawling. Yuck! Most days have been really boring for me - I am so used to going to the office that staying home drives me nuts (argh!). By noon I'm counting down the hours to bed time! On Thursday I made a roast - I really wanted turkey but Bryan didn't have much of an appetite and my kids will NOT appreciate the effort that goes into a turkey - with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. So sad right? No turkey! No stuffing! No pumpkin pie? I was so sad, especially when Carissa called and it was so loud where she was, and she explained they were all out to dinner! And Dave called as he was mid-eating an onion ring at Dairy Keen. Throw it in my face why don't you! Friday I was up at 6am to get some good deals. I was initially going for a digital camera for Rix, but they were sold out (of course) and then I read the reviews for the camera online and I'm glad I didn't get it. But I got some other stuff at Target and Walmart. I also (awesome mom alert!) bought delicious doughnuts for all of us before I got home, which everyone was just getting up as I walked in the door. I made awesome stew with the leftover roast, and Bryan kicked my trash three times in Yahtzee (see - we are sooo boring). I have basically cleaned the house, watched Ben 10 with Rix and Bryce, and kept myself from shipping Cole overnight to someone with more patience (any takers?). He has been very clingy and grumpy - hopefully that goes away before we go to Utah. I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving and ate enough yummy stuff for me. Thanks to all who called to see how we were doing. And thanks to those who realized that Bryan isn't the only one suffering! He gets to take naps whenever he wants, can't (or won't??) change diapers, and has played X-Box more this week than his entire life combined. We are excited to see everyone in a couple weeks, and those who I won't see (my sisters!!! boo-hoo!) I hope to see soon. Yawn report - over.

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

For the record:
1. You called me, I didn't call you.
2. I'm just as jealous that Dave was at Dairy Keen, I didn't get to go during the wedding!
3. I'll take Cole if you'll take Jack.
4. If he can play XBox, he can change a diaper.
5. I ate lots of yummy food just for you but I'm still sad you didn't have fun this Thanksgiving! It's awesome that you got some cool stuff after Thanksgiving. I got a few awesome deals but still have some shopping to do. We missed you all!
6. Yahtzee is not boring, I think it's fun so it must be, right?

Kelli said...

I want to know how Bryan knows what it's like to feel like he's on crack...? Also, sorry I didn't call this week, I was trying to NOT throw it in your face, and I kept getting Celeste-updates from mom and dad. I was quite sad you weren't with us, not that you guys would have fit in our small house, but it would have been fun to have us all together (or we could have all joined Kory and Ana Lee on their cruise!). Hopefully Bryan feels better soon and you get a little break, treat yourself to some R & R, you can send all three of your kids to me!

Stina said...

If it makes you feel better, I couldn't eat as much as I wanted because I have my stomach squished up my throat with heartburn that rocks my kneecaps. And, I ended up throwing it up all night that night anyway....We'll make up for it in a few weeks. But, I do feel bad for you. So bad that I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with you and did look for flights a couple times!!!

PS. Did you read any reviews about the camera at BB&B??

Ana Lee said...

haha, yes you all should have joined us on the cruise. I'm sorry Thanksgiving wasn't very fun. At least Christmas isn't that far away so you can make up for it quickly! I hope Bryan is feeling better and that you are able to be entertained more now that Mom and Dad are home. Take care!