So most of you know about my lastest Terrible Mom atrocity, but in case you don't, I will share it with you: I lost Bryce's blankie. I know! I should have warned you about the seriousness of this crime beforehand, but it is what it is. It happened on Saturday, November 8th, and in my defense, it as a crazy busy day! We got up at Stina's and got all of us dressed and packed up since we were going to Heber that night. Having three kids means having LOTS of stuff. We were all ready in Sunday dress because Aubrey was being blessed that morning - in Lehi. So we had to leave early enough to get there on time. After the blessing, we went to McDonald's and left in what we thought was plenty of time to get to the temple for Kory's wedding. But alas, fate was not on our side and we got stuck in the worst traffic ever (and I mean EVER!). We made it late to Kory's wedding, but everything was fine. After the wedding we took pictures and then took the kids to Bryan's grandpa's house in Centerville, but by the time we got there there was no time for naps, which made it crazier. We left after an hour or so to go to the reception in Sandy. We had to get all the kids in their outfits and take more pictures. See, CRAZY BUSY! In all of that mess, I lost the blankie. I seriously think I left it at the church, but it has been looked over several times and hasn't surfaced. Whoever took that blankie hopefully knows how much it was loved. Bryce LOVED blankie. He slept with it faithfully every night and ran to it whenever he got hurt. I don't let him take it to the office, so when we would get home from the office he would run to it and hug it and yell "Blankie!". We got the blankie from Bryan's cousin Maaike when Rix was born (like 4 years ago!) and Bryce attached himself to it. So needless to say it was hard to find. I went online and searced for "teddy bear blanket" on every store website I could think of. I tried Ebay, and found a blanket with a similar picture, but not the same blanket. I learned who made the blanket, and went to their web page. They informed me they sold their baby company to another company, who told me they no longer made that blanket! Bummer! But only a minor set back. I was determined to find this blanket! I searched Ebay on Sunday, and didn't find anything, but when I went back on Monday, they had the blanket. It was an item I didn't have to bid on - I could buy it right there, so of course I did! I was so so so excited. But of course, if it's too good to be true, it probably it, especially in my case. So I get this email from the lady I bought it from like 4 days later and she explains that she was sick and just got my order, and that the blanket she had posted the picture of was no longer available, but she had one similar to it. What??? I don't want a similar blanket - I want BLANKIE!! (Whose blankie is this again?? Mine? Bryce's?? Hmmmm...) So I continued my search and surprise! Another lady is selling the blanket, but I have to bid on it (of course, because it wouldn't be a good mission without added stress). And today, I won the item and paid about twice what it is worth, but I would have paid five times that amount! For those who have never had a child lose their beloved object, you won't understand any of this. But I feel so much better and the guilt is mostly gone, although I would have LOVED to have found his original. And a special thanks to Destiny, who searched her church twice looking for it, and to Steve and Mel who also looked at the church and at McDonalds. And to Stina who scoured KMart and Shopko for the blanket. You rock! And I guess there is nothing left to say except....Mission Completion!

Bryce and blankie at the fireworks on the 4th.

Bryce and blankie in the car - he just woke up from a nap.
Bryce and blankie at the office when Bryce was sick. So adorable, right?


5 comments:
Oh, that's blankie! I couldn't picture it at all although I'm sure I've seen it before. I'm so glad you finally found "blankie"! Jack actually had 3 of them, and we lost one, but we're okay at 2. Olivia has ruined her first 2 blankies and is quickly ruining her third, but she did lose it once (actually on the same trip that Bryce's blankie got lost) but it miraculously appeared in her room the day AFTER I bought a replacement blankie. Oh well, at least we have a back up now, right? Anyway, I'm so glad you finally found something for him. Take pictures when he gets it, k?
Way to go! I am si impressed you found another one. I hope it will get to you safely. We had a blast with you guys and can't wait to see you in a month.
Yay! I'm glad you found one to replace it! That day was pretty crazy busy haha.
I'm glad you found a replacement for blankie, after seeing those pictures even I would have paid twice that amount for another blankie for him. Hopefully I have the same luck with Roman's lovey, I'm so not buying a used one!!! By the way, I'm not seeing how Nov 8 was a crazy busy day...could you please explain in further detail? =)
You are such a good mom. You aren't a bad mom for losing it (because it wasn't your fault!!), you are an incredible mom for going through all the time and effort to replace it! I definitely would not have done that. You deserve the mom of the year award!!!
Post a Comment