My kids are growing up way too fast. I can't believe Rix is almost 3! And Bryce is almost 1! I feel like the last year has gone by so fast and even though I spend every day with my kids, they have changed and I haven't even realized it until now. Bryce definitely has his own personality now. He's not a baby anymore! He's becoming a toddler with opinions and demands. He loves to tease and laughs when I pretend to be upset. He is such a troublemaker too! He knows what he isn't supposed to get into (the toilet brush, for example - a gross and separate story) and laughs when I catch him and bring him back to safety (CLEAN safety). Where Rix was an observer, Bryce is a talker and a socializer. He will actually conversate with you, even though we have no idea what he is saying. And he loves music (he entertains us with his "butt dance" whenever he likes a song) and showing off, especially to the people behind us at church. However, Bryce is also my snuggler, and I love getting him ready for naps because he will snuggle on my shoulder or chest, and I relish every moment of it because I know it won't last forever. Rix, on the other hand, is my Jekyll and Hyde (I probably spelled that wrong). He is super independent one moment, and then clinging to my leg the next. He will refuse to eat and then five minutes later be STARVING. I can never figure him out - but he is so fun every day. He is Type A all the way. Yesterday I found him lining his baby carrots up in a line, and when I took one to eat, he was upset the line was destroyed. Things have to be a certain way or the world is coming to an end. He is also a hoarder, and will carry lots of random things with him at all times. Right now he has a piece of hardibacker, a plastic golf club, a ruler, a red pencil, and two boxes in his hands. And he is so smart that he shocks me everyday with what he knows and what he remembers. Sometimes his intelligence is great (he has almost all his books memorized) and sometimes it is detrimental to my parenting ability - especially when he remembers something I had promised him like three weeks ago, and I no longer have the desired object for him. He is opinionated and loves to be in charge, so giving him options is key in getting along with him. And I think he knows Lakewood directionally better than I do, and I have lived here my whole life. It seems like yesterday Bryce was still sleeping in the swing and Rix was in diapers. Now Bryce crawls like the pros and Rix hasn't worn diapers in months. And they are old enough to start getting along and playing together (that said, fights break out every few minutes still). I can't believe I have two kids and another on the way! Where has the time gone? All I know is that I have started to cherish every day and every little milestone in their lives so that maybe I can pretend to slow down time. STOP GROWING UP SO FAST!!! OR YOU GET NO COOKIES!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is so cute! I can't wait to see your kids. They sound like so much fun. I love how you can describe them in a way that I feel like I know them as well as my own kids. Note to myself, hide all my random things before Rix puts then in his pockets!
You just put into words what I feel but can't express. The weeks are flying by for me. I blinked and lost 3 hours today. That's why I love blogging. I feel like I can capture glimpses of our lives that we can hopefully look back on forever and ever. And by the way, it's impossible to squeeze kids back a year or two younger. We've tried and it doesn't work.
Post a Comment