I love love the Puyallup Fair. It brings back all sorts of childhood memories of rides and the smell of the fair food and the screaming people. Ahhh....I love it. I LOVE the smell of onion burgers and scones and the sound of rides and screams and seeing all the booths and animals and weird people. And I want my children to have memories of that too. So every year, even though it's dang expensive (!!!), I will take my kids to the fair!! And luckily, they have the "fair" genes in their blood.
This year we went on a half day of school and got the boys "bracelets" which meant they could go on as many rides as they wanted to, instead of buying tickets for each ride. Last year we did that and they only got to go on like five rides. So this year we made sure we went on every ride they wanted to go on! Sadly (even though he didn't think so) Rix went with his friend Ethan and Ethan's dad Paul so I didn't see him almost the whole day! Only once in passing, so the pictures below are of the younger three boys. But not sadly we got to go to the fair with Carissa and her brood and my mom, who was a lifesaver in helping with the kids since Bryan and Adam couldn't come. The kids had a blast, the weather was perfect, and we can't wait to go again next year (and I seriously can NOT wait another year for fair scones!!)!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Have I Ever Told You I LOVE The Puyallup Fair??
Cole and Madelynn on a ride. They were ride buddies since they rode the same kinds of rides and didn't want to go on anything "scary".
Bryce on his ride. The people who work at the fair aren't allowed to buckle and unbuckle the little kids (I think this is a new rule?) so we had to do it every time!
LOVE that smile!!
Jacob was a trooper and was amazing the whole day - he even took a nap amidst all the screams and noise.
Okay, this is my ONLY picture of Rix - you can only see the top of his head! But he had so much fun with Ethan that it makes up for it!
The boys love this ride and getting all wet.
I don't want to imagine all the germs that are surrounding my child right now.
Running out of the fun house.
Ahhhh! He is soooo cute!
The four kids on the train.
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Seriously love the fair too. I just wish there weren't so many people there! And I have a couple pics of Rix if you want them...
Is this fair like our Utah State Fair, or a county fair? You are a dang good sport to take your kids without Bryan! My hero!
And does anyone realize you just had a baby and you're planning PTA activities, working, and church callings. Are you crazy? Someone tuck you in bed and make you stop!!
Well if your goal was to make me jealous and homesick it totally worked. Feel happy now?
I'm glad you got your second mortgage in time to afford the fair. I can't believe I missed it by less than a month! Stupid New Mexico job! One day I'll make it there again.
PS If your kids are going to stay so cute send them my way so I can spoil them and send them back to you.
Post a Comment