Last weekend while I was "single-mommying" it, Kelli and I threw an Old Navy accessories party. Old Navy and Crowdtap sent us some accessories from Old Navy for us and some girlfriends to try on and play with. We got some hats, scarves, sunglasses, tote bags, and purses. Let me first say that when I think of accessories, I usually think of earrings, necklaces, etc. How awesome of Old Navy to broaden my limited horizons! I never gave much thought to accessorizing with other things beside jewelry and now when I go shopping I look at other things too. I decided I'm not really a hat girl - unless it's a baseball cap - but maybe someday?? But I loved the scarves, and I love the idea of using a purse or a bag to add some color to your outfit.
For our party we invited some girls from our church - Mary, Tessa, Carissa, Kelli, Kim, and ME!! We are all in our mid-twenties to early-thirties and all but one of us are moms. We started the evening with some yummy food (because, really, what's a good party without food??) and some conversation to catch up with each other. We see each other a lot, but we are also busy girls with school, work, and kids. We had garlic cheese biscuits, sweet and sour meatballs, and (my fave, but I'm biased because I brought them) chocolate-covered strawberries.
After we ate we tried on the stuff sent to us from Old Navy. The hats were a hit, with Mary deciding maybe she was a hat girl after all, and Tessa rekindling her love for hats. We all decided the purse was too small and "young" for us. And most of us still use our purse as a diaper bag too, and so the purses got sent home to Carissa's daughter and Mary took one home for times when she just needed a small purse (like a vacation). The reusable bags were of course popular because who doesn't need more reusable bags? And the bright pink will be perfect for the beach or a trip to the park this summer. The sunglasses were not my style (wait, I have style??) but they fit the face shape of some of the girls, and they got snatched up as well. One pair of sunglasses was blue, which was fun and different than the ordinary black or brown shades.
However, the scarves were the hit of the night! We spent a good portion of the evening figuring out different ways to wear them and laughing over some of our ideas. I know I have seen manequins at the store wearing them, and so I've made a mental note to see how they wear them so I can copy their style. But the scarf colors were pretty and feminine, and were versatile enough to match almost any color we were wearing. And it was fun to try something new, since none of us really have scarves as part of our wardrobe.
Overall it was a fun evening and a nice break from the husbands and kids. We all decided - accessories or not - that we were going to get together more often for a girls night!!
Monday, May 30, 2011
Accessories + Girls + Food = FUN!
Mary trying on the hat! She decided that she is hat-fan after all!
Tessa has always been a hat girl, but forgot how much she loved them!
Kim wore TWO accessories: hat and a scarf! Isn't the scarf cute with her cardigan??
Tessa took her stuff home in her reusable bag.
Carissa modeled some of the ways we came up with on how to wear a scarf.
This is how I would wear it because it's how I wear my winter scarves. I need to find some new ways!
This is cute too - loose around the neck like a necklace.
The "Audrey Hepburn" - I could never pull this off - unless I was in a convertible :)
The double knot - I also love this look!
The long look. I don't love this look, but I still love the splash of color that it gives.
Posted by Celeste Pearson at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm cute :) JK Loved the party! We definitely need to get together for GNO more often with more girls and more food! Thanks for inviting me!
That was so much fun as well. I love being with girls and just laughing and doing...well...girl stuff. Thanks for inviting me and i hope we can do it again sometime!!! PS: that first picture of me makes my face look HUGE! thanks for posting it:)
Post a Comment