Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Favorite Cheapo Sites

I am a self-proclaimed cheapo. I can go in any grocery store and tell you if a price for any given item is a good price. I don't go to the doctor when I'm sick because I don't want to pay the copay. Tuesday is one of my favorite days because it's the day the grocery ads come out. I rarely buy Value meals at McDonalds (hello! A McDouble is only a dollar and I can steal my kids' fries). I'd rather go without most things than spend money on them. And I only buy things when they are on sale. I love a good sale! I love using coupons! I love giving my Albertsons card to the cashier at the very end so I can watch the price drop. However, I also know that if I buy cheap Target jeans that they will only last through one kid, but if I spend a couple more dollars on Osh Kosh jeans at the outlet mall, they will last through all three kids (trust me, I have experience here). So even though I'm cheap when it comes to how much I want to spend, I also want nice things that will last a long time (who wants to spend more money replacing something sooner than later?) Here are some of my favorite cheapo sites that I basically check every day. Most have name brand items for a great price. Hope you find a site from here that you learn to love as much as me!

Mama Bargains: This site offers new baby and kids' items, such as clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories (and much more!). All of the items are name brand, and most are top of the line items. BUT they offer them at huge discounts. They update the site with new items as soon as the last item sells out, so I check this site multiple times a day. This is the site where I got Cole's super cute lime green and orange leather baby shoes (only $13!!). I've seen diaper bags, strollers, and toys on this site. I love it!

Baby Steals: I love this site - they have seriously cute stuff! It's all for babies, and since Cole still fits most of the stuff, I still check the site. It's also a perfect site for getting baby gifts for friends, since you can get expensive and nice stuff for cheap. They update the site every morning at 9am MST, and if you live in Utah, you can pick up the item at their warehouse in Murray instead of paying for shipping. You can also become a fan of them on facebook, and you will get a sneak peak of what they are going to sell that morning before they post it. Some items are so hot they sell out in minutes!

Kid Steals: This site is brand-spanking new, and from the creators of Baby Steals, except it's geared towards, well, kids! It's so fun! And, like Baby Steals, they update their site every morning at 9am MST.

One Sale a Day: This site has a sale item, a family item, a wireless item, and watch and/or jewelry. Sometimes the items are even free. They range from huge TVs at discounts like 70% (brands like Sony and Panasonic) to GPS devices, toys, computer stuff, etc. I like to look at the items everyday to see what they have to offer. It's a wiiiiiiiiide range of stuff!

Target Daily Deals: Every day they have a new deal, whether on clothes, pet stuff, cookware, etc. It's fun because some of the stuff are items or brands not usually found in Target stores.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I also love a good deal, but it sounds like i could use when I go grocery shopping.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm totally the same way with my Albertsons card! I wait until the end, when the total is huge, then give them my card and watch it drop and drop and drop. It is so fun!

I didn't know about some of those sites LOVE the sale a day site. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

Me too! I love seeing how much I save at the very end of the shopping trip. I need to be better at looking for sales, just call me lazy :) ...or uneducated (at least in the coupon dept). I heard about the one sale a day site from Kory but hadn't checked it out yet. I love it!

ramirezinthesun said...

Oh my gosh thanks for sharing!!

Stina said...

You're awesome. Thanks for passing on your tricks!

Petersens said...

Thanks!! I could always use a good bargain! And I totally agree about going without something just because I don't want to spend the money! lol.

jason and john pearson family said...

I would appreciate a walmart.com post next time!