Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sorry Utah - A Little Belated!

Give me a break! I'm slightly overwhelmed lately. Between raising three adorable yet stubborn children, trying to keep up on cleaning the house, working, cooking, running, and just breathing, I haven't had time for much else. Carissa even got on my case because I'm only three chapters into my new book and she's read three books in the same amount of time. But, here it is. Finally. We went to Utah to visit Bryan's family and to go to the Abercrombie reunion in Moab a few weeks ago. The Abercrombies are on my mom's side, and no, there is no relation to the clothing line or Fitch. Sorry! We had an awesome time in Utah. The best was getting to see family and eating Cafe Rio! The boys loved seeing their cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. They don't get to see them very often (or ever) except in pictures, so it was fun for them to spend time with them. This post will be mostly pictures with captions to describe them since (ahem, read above) I'm limited on time! And just so you know, there are 50 pictures here (I narrowed them down from the over 250 pictures I took while in Utah!) so sit back, relax, and peruse the pictures. Seriously, like you have something better to do? Within hours of making it to Utah we went to the Demolition Derby! It was awesome! John fit right in at the derby.

Bryan has amazing skills and caught this shirt they threw in the crowd. Too bad for him it's a medium.

The derby was LOUD!!!

Road trips are too much for Bryce. He slept here even though we were all talking and being loud. Poor guy!

The next day, after church, we loaded everyone up and drove to the ranch. The hat is required at the ranch. Isn't Cole a cute cowboy??

We love Brent and Stina and their family! We went on lots of tractor rides with the kids while at the ranch.

On the tractor: Hollywood with Cole, Janalyn with John, and Cindy with Bryce. Don't you love that Cole is literally gnawing on jerky - and Janalyn's face! Love it!

The 2007 babies (in hats!): Cole, Kade, John, and Luke - hey, they all have 4 letters! We totally planned that :)

I think Cole was tired, he started to lounge on the tractor ride. So not allowed!


The little kids take turns riding in the two side seats of the tractor. It makes us moms a little nervous (the wheels are right below the seat) but so far they've been safe! It's the trailer that's dangerous (right Kade??).

Helping Pom Pom drive the tractor!

I apologize to anyone who has weird dreams after viewing this picture. I think Rix had waaaay to many roasted marshmallows!

Bryce was serious about his roasting, and his hat.

My Cowboy (sigh)

John taking us for a tractor ride (well, actually, it's Rix "driving" - he was crazy!)
Bryce on the tractor seat while we count cows. Yes, that's right. We had to count all the cows!Grandpa Pearson leading Rix on CINCO. Rix was very brave!Rix on patch. Bryan and Bryce on Todd. Todd is the brother of Peppy, who was Bryan's horse. Peppy died a couple years ago :(Me and Bryce on Todd. I didn't go for a ride (not really my cup of tea) but I did sit on him for a photo!Rix and Jordyn swinging. Rix couldn't figure it out by himself and Jordyn was super nice in showing him how to do it!Cole loved swinging his arm in the creek below. He got so wet and loved every second of it!Daddy and Cole on the tractor. Do you see his shiner on his nose? Thank Daddy for that one (he won't be throwing our children to other people any time soon).

I had to get a picture of Stina in this rite of passage.For some reason (that I'm still baffled about - jk!!) Cole attached himself to Brent. He wanted Brent to hold him and would go to him all week!Jordyn and Austin introduced my kids to dress up! Cindy had a cow up for auction so we took the kids to see all the animals. Cole loved the sheep and the pigs. Rix and Bryce just loved running around and climbing the fences.Cindy and her fan club!Grandma took the kids to McDonalds for ice cream cones. I've said it a million times: Cole is by far my messiest eater! My next post will prove this once again.We went to my Grandparents house in Grand Junction where my cousins Paige and Ivie were staying. They had a water fight between the pools. Do you see the water-logged ball headed towards Rix??We got brave and took the kids down the road to the park to play. I think my grandparents needed some quiet time!Bryce, Cole, and Daddy on the swings.The slides were lava hot, so we told Rix to go get his bum wet so it wouldn't burn on the slide. (FYI: It didn't work - it just made the water on his bum really hot!)Cole and Daddy - twins!Grandpa Doug with the kids (I'm just there to keep Cole in the picture!) My grandma wouldn't take a picture because she wasn't feeling well. We'll get her next time!A family picture in Moab!Bryce climbed the rocks - both Rix and Bryce could've stayed there all day climbing if it wasn't so dang hot!!More climbing! Let's play a game: Can you find Kory?And then Bryan thought it would be a great idea to take Rix and Bryce up there!Carissa and me with Bryce in front of Delicate Arch. I LOVED Moab and wished we could have spent more time there.Bryan took Bryce and Rix down the longer trail to see Delicate Arch.Hey look! A timeout cave!So cute!Nana with Rix and Olivia a the Abercrombie Family Reunion dinner.

Nana with Grandpa Abercrombie. (Sorry it's so dark - I'm so dumb when it comes to figuring out my camera!)

All the Hjelm grandkids! (From L to R: Cole, Rix, Bryce, Roman, Aubrey, Hayden, Olivia, Madelynn, and Jack)The night before we left was photo op time! This is a fuzzy pic of Stina and me - I think her camera took better pictures!

John and me - look how white his teeth are! My teeth have white envy!! :)

Kristen and I - don't even say I have bad posture - I can see that for myself!

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

You have bad posture.

Sorry. I had to say it. Yeah! You posted! The ranch looks like so much fun. I'll have to crash the Pearson party some time so I can have fun at the ranch too!

Kelli said...

I'm trying to figure out what Stina's rite of passage is? And I totally found Kory. And we totally need to get a picture of us three next time, as far as your blog readers go, they don't even know you saw me!!! Rude! Glad you had a great time, I can't wait for the next reunion, I told Jage we had to go since we missed this one.

Stina said...

You must be lying about being busy. I just can't find anything to do...eat bon bons or watch soap opera's? Those are the choices I make each and every day. So far, I've been choosing both! Love the blog, but it made me so sad cause it just reminds me how much I miss you! I have a secret plot to get you guys out here. It's not really so secret--I think DJ and Bryan should work together and create a hugely successful remodeling business here in Utah! Game?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally posting. Just kidding I have not posted yet and I only have two kids to chase around. If time ever slows down for you I am going to give you my log in information and you can update my blog for me.
We had a blast with you guys! We sure miss you and have a count for next summer when we get to see you again.