Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Dose of Sanity

I've often said that if I didn't find humor in everyday life that I'd drive myself to the crazy house - literally. Things like going to Target and squeezing the bottle of shampoo so I can make sure it smells good - and then squeezing it all over my face. I laughed about it and said "you're welcome" to the people who watch the surveillance cameras for their free show. I find that if I laugh about things, my life is more enjoyable and I get to hold onto that much more of my sanity. Here are some things I heard - and saw - that keep my world going around.

"Really"
- Rix's answer to Dave when Dave asked him how fast he can throw a baseball. As in "really" fast - it's an increment of speed.

"Oh! I just burped! I must be tired."
- Bryce after burping. And to think I thought burping was a sign of too much Dew. I guess I'm just sleepy!

"I need to put chapstick on my knee! Move my bandaid!"
- Bryce, after he put chapstick on his lips and his lips felt better. He thought the concept would work on his skinned knee.

"Dimplebutt, thanks for dinner."
- Rix telling me thanks for dinner, after which Bryan got mad that Rix called me that, only for me to point out the he taught the phrase to Rix in the first place.

"Where is Detective Taylor?"
- Rix walking in on my watching CSI:Miami; me realizing maybe Rix has seen too many episodes himself and having an epiphany that I should now start watching these shows when they are in bed.

"Shouldn't you be making dinner?"
- Rix's question to me today at exactly 4:19 pm. And yes, the feminist in me screamed on the inside.

I asked Rix to get me two diapers for Bryce and Cole as I was getting them out of the bath. This is what I got:

Nice. And yes, he did this all by himself.

7 comments:

Katria said...

Actually, I have found that I burp more when I am tired...

Carissa Poyfair said...

Love the face he made in the picture. Weirdo. Your kids are funny. They must learn it from you (not Bryan!)

Celeste Pearson said...

Whatever. Their weirdness is so a Pearson thing. If you've ever spent quality time with any of the Pearson boys, you'd know how weird they can be (except Brent - he's the most normal).

Stina said...

I have totally done the same thing when smelling shampoo. How funny! And, these stories cracked me up. Don't you love kids?

Stina said...

And, I'll let Brent know you think he's the most normal one. I totally agree! :)

The Ross Family said...

I love that your life helps keep my world going round. It brings humor into mine as well! Got a good laugh today! And the shampoo story, I've got the same one! Too Funny!!

Kelli said...

Isn't your day so much better when you find everything funny? I try to do that, although in all honesty mac and cheese thrown on the floor isn't funny. I can't wait to see your kids!