Friday, October 24, 2008

My Dad is AMAZING...although you already knew that

My dad, for those who don't know, owns Phase II General Contractors and has built it from the ground up. It has taken him 21 years to do this, but now he is successful and remodeling homes like crazy. Even when some companies are laying people off, my dad's company is busier than ever. In fact, he had to hire a new guy to keep up! Bryan and I both work for him - we are so lucky! Last night he spoke at the Building Industry Association of Washington's (BIAW) statewide meeting in Seattle about how to keep your business afloat during troubled times. The BIAW loved his talk so much that they want him to speak in Spokane at their next meeting for others to hear. And now here is the best part. Last year, my dad was named "Top Remodeler of Pierce County" by the BIAW and I guess all the top remodelers from all the counties in Washington were up for Top Remodeler of Washington State. (A side note - it all sounded pageant-y to me - I asked my dad if there was a talent portion or a tool belt and hard hat walk down the runway.) And of course, my dad was surprised last night when he was chosen. He will avoid any congratulations you give him - he gets somewhat embarrassed by the attention - but he so deserves it. There have to be THOUSANDS of remodelers in Washington State, and one of the biggest remodeling associations has honored him with being number one. (A few years ago he was named the as one of the Top 50 remodelers in the nation by Remodeler Magazine - so being awesome is nothing new to him). So congratulations dad! I know (because I'm in the office a lot) that he works his little bum off keeping clients happy, doing paperwork, and lining up new jobs to keep us busy. He is an awesome boss (aside from being my dad!) who always makes sure his employees are happy and does little things to show us he cares, like taking us to dinner and giving us gift cards. See, isn't my dad amazing??? And to think - Bryan is learning the art of remodeling from THE BEST IN WASHINGTON STATE!

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How sad that I had to hear about this on your BLOG! No one bothered to call me with the good news?! Anyway, congrats Daddy! I've always known he was awesome and way talented, and it's about time every one else does too!

Kelli said...

Of course he's amazing, I've always been so proud of him. You are so lucky to work for him and be able to see his work in action. I am, however, with Carissa on this, if it weren't for your blog we probably never would have learned about this...how sad that we are uninformed because we don't live by him, doesn't mean we don't want to celebrate with him like you get to. Makes me homesick and a little jealous of your position. You should feel lucky to be so close.

Stina said...

Congrats Rick!!! And as, I a temp worker, loved working under him. :) I have benefited from him via his cooking and hospitality. Whenever I see your parents it's like seeing family!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Well, you are the one who left the fourth comment, you weirdo. So technically I only have three, right? I'll update my blog tomorrow night about trunk or treat and the pumpkin patch. I was a little preoccupied with Desperate Housewives to blog tonight :)