Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cindy brings out the CRAZY in us!

Bryan's little sister (although not so little - she's sixteen now!!!) came to visit us last weekend. The boys had a blast with her and woke up every morning asking where Cindy was. I had to explain to them that, although she would have loved to have slept with them (and had no sleep) or with Cole in the guest bed (and been up at 7am), she had gone to Lindsay's to sleep. My boys don't understand the wonderfulness of being able to sleep in - and if she stayed at our house there would have been no sleeping in. Anyway, while she was here we did lots of shopping, made yummy caramel apples (thanks to the idea from Kristen's blog), helped her buy makeup, and went hiking by the beach at Point Defiance in Tacoma. The boys miss her, but it was so nice to have her here by herself so we could do just "Cindy" stuff.

Lindsay making the caramel. Don't you wish you had smell-o-vision??

Cindy was our "crusher" - she crushed the candies to roll our apples in. I think we all decided that Oreos were the best on them.

We went to the mall on Friday night. Bryan decided to pose with the manequins. He almost fits in, right?
Bryan and Dave were obviously bored at Forever 21 (although they did entertain us well). You can't really tell, but Dave has a vest on too. Nice.
On Saturday we went to the beach before hiking the trails there. I will never understand Rix's love of throwing rocks into water, but it's free and harmless - so keep on throwing!


Bryce and Cole. Bryce didn't want to walk - it was pretty chilly. If I could have fit, I would have snuggled in the stroller too!


All of us at the beach. And the one picture with me in it (shocker!)

Rix insisted on climbing this tree by himself. He was like seven feet off the ground and made me so nervous! But I loved that he wanted to do it - it's such a boy thing to do!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

You had family visit?! The jealousy is sinking in rapidly. And I want caramel apples, I'm so getting one at Rocky Mountain Candy Factory in Utah, you've made up my mind for me. I'm impressed Bryan joined you in Forever 21, I think he enjoyed it more than you think =)

Stina said...

I made caramel apples today too--and I was inspired by Kristen's blog too. It's like, we're thinking the same things...wow! And, looks like so much fun with Cindy! Could you teach me how to put makeup on? I'm glad you guys had so much fun. And, when you said your boys would ask where Cindy was-for some reason I assumed Dave and Bryan. Weird.

Stina said...

PS. I love how you said on my blog that the boys caught their deer. I wish they did "Catch and Release" deer hunting. It makes me think of the rodeo when they have to tie up the calf and they stand up real fast. That'd be funny! Oh I make myself laugh.

Carissa Poyfair said...

How fun! I can't believe Cindy is 16 now. I think Bryan and Dave look awesome in their vests- and hey! I have you all for Christmas! I feel a present idea coming on! I am totally making caramel apples now for FHE next week. I'll have to check out Kristen's blog for some inspiration.