We had a really great Halloween, especially since this year Rix really understood what was going on and even chose what he wanted to be this year (a pirate). The Saturday before we went to the Lakewood Fire Department (woohoo - men in uniform!) and participated in their safety fair. Rix got to hold a fire hose (with help) and aim for a target. He also got to jump in the blow up castle, which he loved and still talks about. We got to pick out two big pumpkins for free and sit in the fire truck, which is really high off the ground. Those people who saw me lifting Rix into the truck got a great show! On Halloween night, we went to our stake's Trunk-or-Treat, which I think is great because it's safe (no cars can drive in the parking lot during the activity) and since it was so cold outside they got a lot of candy really fast. We put the kid's makeup on in the parking lot because we got there early, and it was not easy! Rix decided he didn't want a beard after it was on, so he wiped it off. However, being his mom, I vetoed this idea and insisted that all pirates have beards, so we painted one on with mascara, which you can't just wipe off. Bryce was a beat-up BYU football player (BYU being the only jersey we have - sorry!) and hated the makeup. Bryan had to hold him down while I frantically rubbed on purple and black eyeshadow on his eye (to make it look like a black eye, and it must have looked good because several people asked if he really had a black eye!) and took red paint to his band-aid. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming going on at our awesome mini-van Halloween night, but that's festive, right? We also went trick-or-treating at some friend's houses, including Crazy Uncle Dave's and Lindsay's, and some houses by my parent's house. By the end of the night they were ready to go home (although they didn't know it) and ate more candy than they probably eat in a month's time. But overall it was a fun night, and I look forward to next year when Bryce can choose his costume too. Oh, and I also look forward to when they bring home a bucket full of candy and are too young to realize that all the Snickers are missing!

Rix with the firehose. He was a little nervous, but managed to put on a brave face (and he only got the hat if he held the hose!).

Jumping in the blow-up castle. He went crazy in here! I'm considering getting one of these for our backyard (but not really).

Bryce just enjoyed hanging out and wearing his hat. He especially liked picking out the pumpkins, which he called "apples" and wanted to eat them.
Rix in the fire truck. He wanted to push all the buttons, but I was afraid he was going to start the siren or, worse, start the truck!

Bryce getting ready to trick-or-treat. Isn't he the most adorable beat-up football player?

Rix is his get-up. He didn't keep the eye patch on very long because it got dark and he couldn't see well with only one eye. His jeans (which you can't see) were cut on the bottom to look more pirate-y. What can I say? I'm a cheap Halloween mom!

Waiting for the trunk-or-treat to start. My car isn't usually this messy - we shoved everything to the front and put the seats down for more room. Can you see Rix's jeans? Anyway, they were really cute and had a good time.

Rix wearing Uncle Kory's pirate hat which was too big to wear all night. Notice the double fisting and the white knuckles - his bucket is so heavy (maybe full of Snickers?).
2 comments:
So...love love the pictures. And the beard and black eye look way professional! You must work in Hollywood! I'm just wondering if you were a ready-to-pop pregnant chick and if Bryan was a construction worker?
Yeah an update! You did a good job with their costumes. I will definitely have to dollar store the whole costume thing next year. I mean, Olivia's was free from Mom and Jack's was $5 at the thrift store, but I lurve dollar stores! Cute kids and way cute costumes! I can't believe Bryce is talking too!
Post a Comment