So I know this posting is really late, but in my defense we have been really busy and I only have internet at the office. Anyway, our Fourth of July was really laid back, especially since Bryan didn't have to work and we had no obligations that day. Bryan got up really early with Crazy Uncle Dave and my dad and went golfing (my dad won of course) and I got things done around the house since both of my kids were up at 6am. Let me tell you how much you can accomplish by getting up really early! We went to the Steilacoom Street Fair and parade, which was a little lame since the parade consisted mainly of old cars and it was really hot by Washington standards. After that we went home to take naps - much needed naps! Dave and Lindsay invited us to their house for a BBQ (how patriotic, right? You can't get more American than BBQ!) and we ate yummy burgers and potato chips and homemade Oreo ice cream. We ended up taking both boys to the fireworks, which we saw over Puget Sound at the home of one of my dad's clients. The fireworks were really great but the show was really short. Rix loved them and asks for them all the time. Now, whenever we go to that client's house, Rix thinks we are going to see fireworks. Bryce didn't mind the fireworks at all, and snuggled on our friend Esther the whole time, dazed from exhaustion and the lights at the same time. Over all, it wasn't a spectacular day, but we got to spend much needed time with our little family and just relax. 

My mom put sunscreen spray in Bryce's hair and Bryan and Dave proceeded to style it. Looks nice, right? Rock on Bryce.

Rix was so hot that he actually asked to sit in the stroller to rest and begged to go to the car so he could sit in his car seat. He is going to melt when we visit Utah.

Our friend Esther with Bryce at the fireworks. He was really tired and dozed on and off before the fireworks.
Rix watched the fireworks on Aunt Jodi the whole time.

Bryan and I were sans kids, so we took advantage of it!


4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day. I hope it isn't that hot when we come in 2 weeks. Woohoo!
Aaah. What a cute couple.
And what's all this talk about holding Luke and lil' Rog? Kade is just as fun!!! If not more. Although he's getting huge eating all that formula. :)
Well, by Fourth of July standards, sound like you had a pretty good day. What else is there to do besides parades, bbqs, and fireworks? And when WA heat hits the triple digits, then you can complain. I feel like my skin is burning just stepping outside! Can't wait to see you!
Of course I will hold Kade! What I meant is that I will get to hold the newborns (which I love to hold) and for the first time, since I will have never seen either of them.
Post a Comment