Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Old Navy's New Tees and Tanks

So you all know I am involved with a company called Crowdtap - it's an awesome site that mashes together consumers (like me!) with companies seeking opinions and reviews to enhance their products and customer service. The company that I've worked with the most (by far the most) is Old Navy. And I am sooooo not complaining! I've always been an Old Navy girl: their clothes are trendy and fit well, and it completely fits my small tiny miniscule budget. And their kids' clothes are amazing. I still have jeans that Rix wore, that got passed down to Bryce, that now fit Cole, and will survive all the way down to Jake. Now those are good jeans (genes??). Anyway...

Old Navy has a new improved line of layering tees and tanks. They were gracious enough to send me a  coupon to try a couple out (for free! See why I love Crowdtap!!) and I also got a coupon to give to a friend. I took Carissa, and we set out for our local Old Navy to try these new tees and tanks out. Now first you must now that it's a safe bet that I will be wearing a t-shirt and layering tank on any given day. My usual tanks are from Shade, Modbe, and Downeast. I love them all, but the length on most of these tanks have gotten shorter in past years (or I've hit some weird 30-year-old growth spurt in my torso). Needless to say I was in the market anyway for a nice long tank that was somewhat fitted so it wasn't bulky under my shirts and sweaters, but that also was a decent price and came in a variety of colors - not just white or black.

I also needed some tees that weren't falling apart, faded, or stained (seriously, I'm a mom of four boys - my clothes have stains people!). I wanted them to be somewhat fitted but forgiving of my tummy (have I mentioned that I had four babies??), and a little longer in length. I think longer, leaner shirts give of a slimming look and who doesn't want that? In the past my tees from Old Navy have gotten mysterious holes in them. It used to be a joke that if it was from Old Navy, it had a hole somewhere. They also pilled easily, the only store I own t-shirts from that pilled! Weird, right?

So I went into Old Navy looking for longer, leaner tees and a longer layering tank.

And Old Navy delivered. Like a million times over.

There are a ton of new tee styles and tanks to choose from. And so many fun colors!

Click here for the link to Old Navy's new line.

I really liked the vintage styles the most. The colors were fun and really vibrant. I tried on the vintage crew neck in a dark purple, and the fit was really cute. It looked really casual, like something I could wear every day, but it also had a sort of sheen to the material that makes it easy to dress up with chunky jewelry and dark denim for a date with Bryan. My only wish was that it was a little longer in length, but luckily you can get this style in "tall" sizes online.

Carissa got the vintage v-neck and I really like this style! It's really flattering on any body type, and it's fun to mix and match tanks to layer underneath for different color combos. She got it in light blue, which is a great color for Spring and Summer.

I also got the jersey knit tank. LOVE IT! It came in several colors in store (I found more colors in store than online) and it is long. Perfect for layering and super comfortable. The material is thin enough to not be bulky yet thick enough that I don't feel it's going to fall apart the minute I wash it.

My store didn't have the fitted scoop neck tees, but they look very very similar to the white layering tees I bought from Modbe last year. And they are a way better price! It's been a week or so since I've been to my Old Navy, and since all their tanks and tees are buy one get one free, I plan on going tomorrow to see if they have more in stock.

Overall I was really impressed with the new tees and tanks. The material is lightweight, which is great for summer, but you can totally layer them for added warmth in the colder months, or layer sweaters or jackets over them. The colors were really fun and mostly pretty flattering (except orange, my pale skin does not love orange!!). They fit me really well, and I love having more t-shirt options than I had before. I hate waking up early and getting out of my warm jammies. For the life of me I can not roll out of bed and get into a stuffy blouse or sweater or anything, even if it is cute. So my go to comfy outfit is jeans and a t-shirt, but now I feel a lot more put together and dare I say cuter (as if I could get any cuter). Haha, just kidding. Sort of.

Below are some pictures of Carissa and I doing our Old Navy Sample & Share!

I love how Carissa chose the dark blue shirt with the lighter blue tank. Cute!
I almost got this outfit. I love the v-neck and the color of the tee (charcoal) with the pop of color from the tank.
Carissa didn't love the vintage crew neck - but I love her color choices (sort of reminds me of the cute picture above this one...)
I love this light blue vintage v-neck. And hey, that other super smoking chick in the mirror is sporting the same look!
In the end this is the outfit Carissa chose. I love how the blue shirt matches her eyes.
This is the vintage crew neck I got with the charcoal jersey tank underneath it. I love it for now, but I'm going to need to go back and get more summer colors!

2 comments:

Stina said...

I am still so grateful for your influence on me with Old Navy. I'm still buzzing from my awesome buys! Keep up the good work you bargain shopper you!

Lindsay said...

Yay I'm glad they're better quality now, they've been so thin and cheap for the past few years. I always love these posts with the fun pics you take modeling the clothes! :)