Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My "Under the Pillow" Dress

A few weekends ago my sister-in-law Cindy came to Lakewood to watch my kids while Bryan and I went on vacation to Canada. The night she came, before we all went to bed, she said, "Oh, my mom sent a present for you Celeste! Hope you don't get mad!" (Like I would ever get mad at a present!!) And then she pulled out a little girl's dress! My mother-in-law Karen said that it's so I can put it under my pillow, possibly to send girl vibes to my baby. But since I sleep kinda crazy when I'm pregnant (I just can't get comfy!!) I thought it would be safer elsewhere. And they couldn't resist buying it because it was so cute.

And seriously...it is so cute! And as I was looking at it, I realized that, besides the blessing gown we own, it's the first article of baby girl clothing I have ever had! My sister Kelli bought tons of little girl dresses before she ever even had Aubrey, but I've never done that. If I even look at the cute girl clothes at Old Navy or Target or whatever, Bryan pulls me away and says "We don't have a girl." So true. So stinkin' true. And I would feel guilty and silly buying a cute dress for our "girl we don't have" when Rix needs new jeans (he's growing like a crazy weed) or when Cole needs new socks (he gets more holes than any of my other kids! What's he got for toenails?? Hmmm...).

 So this dress is hanging in the front of my closet, where I can see it when I'm laying in my bed, since I rarely shut my closet. And even though I'm still a fence sitter when it comes to wanting a boy or a girl (really people, I'll be happy either way!) I know that if I have a girl I have at least one outfit she will be adorable in.
The shoes are like flip-flops! So cute, right?

8 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

SO CUTE! And either way, boy or girl, we'll all be happy. But I doubt a little boy will look as cute in that as a little girl would :) I'm just glad the little baby is healthy! Oh, and I have some way cute ideas for your baby shower after this baby arrives!

By the way, you need to add a countdown to your blog! And your music us still from Christmas...

Petersens said...

Really cute! Your boys are way adorable, so either way that baby is going to be cute cute cute!

Crepsfam said...

that is the cutest dress ever!! you will have a girl one day whether its your own or a grand daughter you will have one!

Anonymous said...

I love it! My fingers are crossed for you to have a girl. If you have a girl that gives me more hope for a girl.

The Ross Family said...

you got to love ruffles and bows, but how can you resist muddy hands and dirty sport uniforms. Really, either way is a win win!!!!!

Kelli said...

There is nothing silly about buying girls dresses when you don't have a girl :) I fail to see the silliness behind it all! But I sure love the dress!

And yes, a blog countdown! For me!

Melanie said...

I bought half of Raine's wardrobe years before I even got pregnant and have never regretted it one bit. It was so nice to go into that little part of my closet and daydream sometimes about having a little girl someday and now she is 9. I'll even tell you a secret...I've started to build a boys wardrobe in the back of my current closet just in case :)

Stina said...

That is so sweet!