Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Further proof my kids did NOT grow up on a farm...

Like you needed more proof.

Really.

Cole thinks every animal (with the exception of the lion) says "moo".

So here is my conversation tonight with Rix while I was making dinner:

Rix: Mmmmm....that chicken smells good!

Me: Um, it's not chicken. It's bacon.

Rix: Oh, that's what I meant (riiiiight...). That bacon smells good!

Me: Do you know where bacon comes from?

Rix: Pig?

Me: Yes! What about this hamburger.

Rix: Pig? (I shake my head.) Cow?

Me: Yes. What about sausage.

Rix: Pig!

Me: What about roast beef?

Rix: Pig! (You know, that magical animal that makes all meat under the sun. I shake my head.) Cow? (He seems unsure of this.)

Me: Okay, where does chicken come from (I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself.)

Rix: Pig? (I shake my head.)

Me: Chicken, Rix. Where does chicken come from?

Rix: Cow? (I shake my head.) Rooster!! (I laughed - he was so sure of his answer!)

Really. You don't know where CHICKEN comes from? *Sigh* We have a lot of work ahead of us :) And we haven't even got started on turkey or fish or anything like that!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

The other day Hayden asked what we were having, I told him fish. He said, "Real fish?" Like we usually eat not-real fish?

Petersens said...

Thats pretty funny! I still call frozen veggies fake veggies, because they always taste like plastic to me.. so maybe they just all taste like pig to him?? lol.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa Poyfair said...

That's funny. You even gave him the answer. Maybe he is more like his Mom than I thought... :) Or his aunt.

Sorry, the deleted comment was from me. It automatically published my comment under Adam. Stupid.

Landon and Jill Beyler said...

That is too funny! my kids still call everything chicken....I guess we eat too much chicken around here. :)