Monday, December 22, 2008

Our Early Utah Christmas

Bryan and I and the boys went to Utah last weekend for Jason's mission farewell and we had a blast - like always. It is always fun seeing Bryan's family - there is never a dull moment! We got there really really late Friday night (or really really early Saturday morning?) and went straight to bed. On Saturday we had time to spend with family, take pictures, and then Grandma sent all the married couples to the hotel down the road so she could have some peace and quiet before the big farewell. We decided to go swimming before dinner at the hotel with everyone. We had a lot of fun playing in the pool, and Cole loves to be in the water. We were lucky because the pool water was really warm - just the way I like it!Cole and I in the pool. He loved to be in it and splash!
Most of us loved the hot tub! It was fun to sit in the hot tub and look out the big windows to see the blizzard outside!

After swimming, we went back to the Pearson's for "Christmas dinner". Because Jason is leaving so close to Christmas, the Pearsons had an early Christmas - dinner and presents and all! - before he left. After dinner, Grandma let the boys and Jordyn open one present. They were, of course, elated.
Rix and Austin opening their presents.
Surprise! They were jammies. It was so fun to see all the boys in matching jammies. And it was so hard to find my kids in the mix with them all matching! Rix and Bryce still refer to these jammies as "Grandma's jammies".
Cindy, Lindsay, and I had our own special jammies. You can't see it here, but they are feetie jammies! They were fun, but a little warm and if I sat down to far they would choke me!
After dinner and the present opening, we were all entertained with a special treat - the Pearson boys and Cindy did their rendition of the Sesame Street Christmas play (I will post it maybe tomorrow? I will need Bryan's help in posting it). It was so funny all of us watching were in tears! We also got to watch the Nativity, which was so fun because the little kids got to be involved. And although Stina, Janalyn, and Kristen were shoo-ins for Mary (hello! "Great with child"!!!), Jordyn impressed us all with her acting abilities :)

The Nativity. I love Cindy as the angel - she looks like a retro disco-funk angel!
After all the fun, we got to open presents. Thanks Brent and Stina for the awesome gifts. It's like you knew what we needed!
Grandma reading a good-night story to the little kids.
On Sunday after everyone was gone Bryan and I got to hang out with Kory and Ana Lee. It was so good to see them again and just talk and let them get to know our family a little better. Thanks for making the trip up to Heber!
And what would a Pearson trip be without . . .

BOWLING!
Bryce thought it was more fun to pick up the bowling balls. He did this at several bowling lanes.
And what would a Pearson trip be without a shirtless guy running around!
John entertaining Bryce and Cole with his phone.
The whole bowling group. We went for Kevin's birthday and had a great time!

8 comments:

The Ross Family said...

I love the early christmas. And i love your new jammies. I wish i could see you in them:) i am glad that you had a great time! Merry Christmas!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Wow, I want a full body shot of your new jammies! It sounds like you had so much fun in Utah. Now you all need to come to Cleveland (I'm done dropping hints, now I'm just ordering you here!)

Ana Lee said...

Looks like the best trip ever, you have SO many fun adventures to talk about for just one weekend! We loved seeing you so much! Can't wait for the next get-together. Love ya!

Stina said...

Glad you had fun on such a busy weekend. Mom knows how to plan a party!

Stina said...

PS. Do I get my feetie jammies after the baby is born? And, you're coming in February right? Just for Tyce! :)

Anonymous said...

We had a blast with you guys. I don't know if we can wait until July to see you again. maybe I should talk Kevin into a trip up to Washington. It was good to see you guys. Luke will mention cole and Bryce every once in awhile. He loved playing with his cousins.

Kelli said...

Gasp! I'm the 7th comment?! Where have I been?! I'm so impressed you blogged yourself in a swimsuit, I can barely make it out of the bedroom in mine, let alone around a camera! You look great! I'm glad you had such a fun time, the Pearsons are always so much fun, I get so jealous!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Hi Pearsons! It has been forever! Tell Bry "hi" from Brad and Mandy. I found your blog through friends of friends. Hope you don't mind.