So Rix is going to preschool at the Little Church on the Prairie (I know, sounds weird, but it's a really great preschool!) and he is so excited. His preschool has lots planned, including a trip to the pumpkin patch, baking days where he bakes breads and cookies, a Christmas pageant, a Heroes Feast (where the Dad's go to preschool for food and activities) and a Mother's Tea (which I hope serves hot chocolate?). Last week he got to go meet his teachers - Miss Karen and Miss Karen - and play with the toys and meet his other classmates. I had to stay with him for the entire hour as they made it very clear that it was NOT a drop off day! So this morning he got up and dressed himself (note the "cowboy" shirt - it's his favorite) and we did his crazy hair, which is something I don't do often. I explained to him that Mommy wasn't staying with him this time, but that I would drop him off and come back to get him. Even Daddy went late to work so he could watch him go to his first day of school. When Rix saw Bryan still at home this morning he said to me, "Hey Mom! Dad is going to take me to my preschool so you can just stay home, ok?" Um, no, not okay, but whatever. So we got in the car and Rix started to whimper, saying he wanted his blankie and wanted Mommy to stay with him. This is where I started to get a little nervous - was he going to freak out when we left? Was he going to be the only kid who cried and made a scene? When we got to his school, he made sure that Bryan and I were in sight as we took pictures and waited for the door to open. When it finally did I showed him his teachers (thankfully he recognized them from last week) and I ushered him through the door. Of course, he went straight for the Mr. Potato Head bin (he has talked about them all week). He didn't even glance behind to see if we were still there! So we left him at school, excited for him, and sad that the office is a little quieter (and cleaner and calmer and not as chaotic). But he only goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so tomorrow we will be back in business. I pick him up in an hour, so check back tomorrow to see how he liked it (and how good he was!).
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Olivia started preschool last week and loves it. It isn't as activity-filled as yours is, though. Rix looks so excited. I can't believe they are all 3 years old now! What happened to me tagging you?!
I can't believe he's so grown-up! Wow! Preschool? Did you cry? Becuase I think I would! Doing the mother's group is easier on my emotions, I think. Don't forget to let us know how it went!
PS. Did Bryan cry?
His preschool sounds like so much fun! I'm still looking for a good preschool for Hayden, but you raised the bar and now I don't know that I'll find one I really like. Rix looks like he is really excited, though. How fun!!!
I LOVED the fact that he dressed himself...and not to mention what he dressed himself in! He would fit right in at a Heber preschool I am sure!
Post a Comment